x

How do I connect Shopify and Square together?

Can I connect Square and Shopify together? 

Message 1 of 21
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @onehappybush-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

Currently, Square does not integrate with Shopify as a payment processor.  

To use a payment gateway, like Square which is not on Shopify, you would have to hire a developer to set it up as an external redirect checkout that can use that gateway. Here is a link to the Shopify Experts if you're interested in this. 

I went ahead and merged your post into a thread that covers the same topic. Best of luck with everything! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 8 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Super Seller

there are 3rd party sites that have plugins that will connect the 2 apps and sync.  I can't recommend a specific one but doing a google search brought up many.

google search

Message 2 of 21
Super Seller Alumni

Here's the most recent article I can find relating to your question.  Unfortunately, at that point in time, it  was not possible to merge Shopify with Square.

Judy T Shumway
Message 3 of 21

Is there anything in particular you want to connect? If it's inventory syncing you want to do, Trunk can now sync inventory in real-time between Shopify & Square

https://www.trunkinventory.com

Message 4 of 21

I have an existing shopify e-commerce store and would like to use square as my payment portal. Is it possible to link the two? and if so how?

Message 5 of 21
Alumni

@iLL_RealityLLC

I'm afraid Square does not integrate with Shopify but there are 3rd party apps you might be interested in that'll sync the two. 

Check this thread out 🙂

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 21

Hi I am Theresa and I have been accepted in the Square Early Access program and am having trouble figuring out how to have my customers pay for their items through my website.  Is there a code to add for square to Shopify websites?  Please help. Thanks 

Message 7 of 21
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @onehappybush-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

Currently, Square does not integrate with Shopify as a payment processor.  

To use a payment gateway, like Square which is not on Shopify, you would have to hire a developer to set it up as an external redirect checkout that can use that gateway. Here is a link to the Shopify Experts if you're interested in this. 

I went ahead and merged your post into a thread that covers the same topic. Best of luck with everything! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 8 of 21

Thank you for this information. I'm running into this problem right now. Funny thing is, that I've got that Shopify expert. All he told me was that they should have API's for Shopify. I think I may need to find a different developer.

Message 9 of 21

How to integrate square to Shopify?

Message 10 of 21
Alumni

I've moved your post to this thread where someone else dropped a similar question @TashaH09. As @isabelle pointed out above, Square does not integrate with Shopify as a payment processor at this time, or vice versa. The information within this thread should get you going in the right direction here!

Valentina
Message 11 of 21

I have a square online store and i also sell on two Shopify Multi Vendor marketplaces.

Is it possible to have my shopify orders display on my squre platform?

Message 12 of 21
Alumni

Welcome back to the Seller Community!

I've moved your post over to this thread where @isabelle clarified that Square and Shopify do not have an existing integration that is currently supported. Please see her post for additional details about this, @Downtownbaker.

Valentina
Message 13 of 21

I’m not sure why these were merged. 
Im not looking to process payments. 
im trying to get sales numbers and inventory to sync with a Shopify Multivendor website. I don’t run the website, I am a vendor on the website and what to sync inventory and track sales. 

Message 14 of 21
Alumni

There are some existing non-official 3rd party integrations for things like inventory in this situation, but they will not display orders from one platform on another. As there are currently no official integrations that support a seamless connection between Shopify and Square, your post was moved here as this is where we would announce any kind of integration with Shopify, @Downtownbaker.

You will receive an email notification if there is ever news to share about the two integrating with one another!

Valentina
Message 15 of 21

is it possible to use square as a payment platform in an ecommerce developed in shopify?

Message 16 of 21
Square Community Moderator

Hi @GlobalInv and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to a thread where this question has been answered already.

Check out the Best Answer above for details. 

In the future, don't hesitate to search your question first here or on the Support Center for your quickest answer too!

Ashley C
Message 17 of 21

I have the same problem. I would like to know if Shopify and square up plan to integrate their services in the near future.

Message 18 of 21
Alumni

Hi there @Solounojewels 👋

The Best Answer here is still the most up-to-date!

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

Valentina
Message 19 of 21

I use square for my POS and am currently building a website with Shopify. The barcodes I’m printing from Shopify won’t work with my square reader, does anyone use these two platforms and make them work? I have Sku IQ app to link the two. 

Message 20 of 21
Square Community Moderator

Hello there @Megpete1983

Firstly, welcome to the Seller Community and sorry to hear that you're here because you've run into trouble.

Sku IQ integration states that they sync between Square/Shopify, but I have never worked with these so I am unsure what all information syncs.

As far as scanning goes, as long as the bar code identifier is entered into our SKU field, then they should scan. Do you have the same SKU for your Square Item Library items as you do for the Shopify items? 

JJ
Message 21 of 21