x
Admin

Seller Community: Join a Group!

Hello!

Did you know that you can join a variety of groups within the Seller Community? Every member of the Seller Community can join an open group or request to join a private group.

To check it out right now, go to the groups page. You can also click the Connect tile on the home page and select Join a Group.

Here’s an overview of the current groups:

Beauty and Wellness

This group is a place where anyone in the beauty and health industries can connect, share ideas, and help support each other with their unique knowledge and insights.

Food and Beverage

Join this group to meet fellow food and beverage business owners. Ask questions, talk about your business, share a customer story, or tell us about the awesome service and products you provide for your customers!

Pride in Business: LGTBQ+

This is a private forum where people in the LGBTQ+ community can collaborate and share business resources. Learn more about Pride in Business or request to join.

Uplifted Voices: Black in Business

This group is a dedicated space for Black Business Owners and entrepreneurs to connect with one another. Read this post to learn more about Uplifted Voices or request to join

togetHER

togetHER is a group for women-identified business owners. If you’d like to connect with other women in business and allies, togetHER is for you. Read about TogetHER, request to join, and start a thread!

Super Seller Lounge

This is an invitation-only area exclusively for our Super Sellers. Super Sellers are Square advocates who are passionate about small business. To learn how to become a Super Seller check out this post: What is the Super Seller Program?

Comunidad de Vendedores

We have an entire Community for Spanish speaking sellers where you can ask questions, share business strategies, learn about Product Updates and meet fellow Hispanic sellers! Click Español at the top of the homepage to take a look. Feel free to introduce yourself on our “Nuevos miembros” board.

Between Shores: Asian Pacific Islanders

The purpose of this group is to highlight the work and resilience of the Asian Pacific Island (API) community, to create a business resource hub, and to build a place where API sellers can connect.

Square Local Communities

A set of regional groups that are designed to help sellers connect with each other and find and share local resources. You are welcome to join each group or choose the one for your state! Learn more about Square Local Communities.

We are planning to add even more groups and we welcome your suggestions! Comment and share your ideas with us below. 

Helen

Seller Community Manager, Square

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others!
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Admin

Love this post! Love those groups! Love this Community! 

🌸🌸🌸

Olive, she/her

Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 21
Super Seller

Thanks @Helen @for sharing another great update to make using this community and connecting with groups of likeminded sellers easier! 

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 3 of 21
Admin

Thank you!

Helen

Message 4 of 21

Hello! We are JMSD Photography! A small black and female owned startup. We wanted a place where we could show off our creativity and make a little money as well. We would love to support anyone anyway we can! 

Message 5 of 21
Admin

Hello @jmsdphotography! I hope you can join a group or two! 😀

Helen

Message 6 of 21

Localized groups are great!  I would also like to see groups centered around industries.  For example: clothing retailer, art stores, book stores, etc.  I think a lot of us would find it helpful to be able to swap ideas and troubleshoot within our niche industries in the groups.

Message 7 of 21
Admin

Welcome to the Seller Community @BetwixtStudios and thank you for taking the time to share your interest in industry-specific groups. We recently launched a new group for anyone in the Beauty and Wellness industry (I just added it to the list above!).

Hopefully we'll be able to add more groups for different industries soon!

Helen

Message 8 of 21

I have 2 grocery stores and would like to see a group for grocery/specialty grocery stores.  We also have gifts, so maybe gift shops/retail?

Message 9 of 21
Admin

Thank you for sharing your feedback @Kats_Grocery! If we create a group for grocery stores/retail stores we'll add it to the list here and notify you too! 

Helen

Message 10 of 21

Also, we are in Kentucky,  so a region for us as well. Mid-eastern states.

Message 11 of 21
Beta Member

I've been looking for a way to pull together any FOOD TRUCK-specific Q&As; a Seller Group seems like a great method! 

It would make it much easier for other food truckers to find tips & tricks to making Square work better under our specific scenarios.  Sometimes I dig around for hours to find the tidbit in a community comment that finally explains why a feature just won't work for us.  I can bookmark it for myself, but it would be great to be able to tag/flag it for others.  Posting a link in a Seller Group might be a good way to do that.  (hmmm...🤔 now I'm wondering if I can share a bookmark list. LOL 😄

Thanks, @Helen , for managing this list of Seller Groups!

Tags (2)
Message 12 of 21
Admin

Thanks @Mexitrachos, we are definitely hearing the need to add more groups around specific industries, including Food Trucks! We'll share updates in this thread and in the Community. Thanks for your patience in the meantime! 

Helen

Message 13 of 21

I'm not seeing any groups for Veteran Owned Businesses.  Is this coming soon?

Message 14 of 21

Hi @MoreBandB! I'm new to the community team and will be handling the groups program. Thanks for your great suggestion - I've added it to my list of potential future groups! 

Elisabeth
Community Manager, Seller Groups
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 15 of 21

How about groups for small non-profits (less than $50,000 annual income) and all-volunteer businesses. 

Message 16 of 21

Hey @hsncwclub1899! That's a great suggestion, thanks so much for sharing! I'm adding this idea to my list as well!

Elisabeth
Message 17 of 21

This sounds like a great idea!  I would like to suggest a group for Family Entertainment Centers.  It would be nice to collaborate on the best ways to use what square offers in our unique experiences.

Message 18 of 21

Hi @Skatecenter! I'm adding your suggestion to my list of potential future groups!

Elisabeth
Message 19 of 21

Thank you!

Message 20 of 21

Hi Helen thanks for all you do.  How about a group for direct sales and craft event vendors?  I do both and not much out there for neither.  Thanks.

Message 21 of 21