x
Beta Member

Square Online

Does anyone want to check out the website I use with square?

link: https://www.indolentlynxgift.com/

I've been doing a lot of thinking and I choose square because the price I started out with was free. I later upgraded to get the best experience but is square good for e-ccomerce?

I mainly wanted to focus on selling online and as much as I hate to admit it. I have the square pos system already but I've been gravitating more towards Shopify based on others' opinion I see online.

I just wanted feedbacks if i should switch or not. thank you

Hon Tran
Message 1 of 4
2 Best Answers
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hi @Indolentlynx - Can you elaborate a little more on what you mean as far as "good for e-commerce". My personal experience is that Shopify had more 'design' flexibility, but our customer feedback is that people like the new Square site better - it is more simple but both have easy SEO access and we have seen good sales with Square. That said all platforms have pros and cons. If you can speak a little more about the things you are looking for in a website experience maybe that will lead to more productive feedback from other Square users that are using a variety of web interfaces (?)

Deanna [they/them]

MudFire CEO | Square enthusiast

Visit me at MudFire online

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
Super Seller

Best Answer

To a large degree my opinion may not matter because we are not mostly an online retailer, but I find that the platform is easy to use, easy to make updates with, and easy to incorporate SEO. Personally, I feel like a lot of online traffic comes from easy integration with Instagram/social channels and Square has ties with those and TikTok selling which I think is arguably very important. I think ad spending with Google is also very important for online traffic. There are different levels you can pay for perks to make shipping easier for example.

Deanna [they/them]

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hi @Indolentlynx - Can you elaborate a little more on what you mean as far as "good for e-commerce". My personal experience is that Shopify had more 'design' flexibility, but our customer feedback is that people like the new Square site better - it is more simple but both have easy SEO access and we have seen good sales with Square. That said all platforms have pros and cons. If you can speak a little more about the things you are looking for in a website experience maybe that will lead to more productive feedback from other Square users that are using a variety of web interfaces (?)

Deanna [they/them]

Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Hi, sorry didn't see the reply until now. So I'm mainly just focusing on having a website and selling products online. 

Square is good for people who have small businesses but I just didn't know if square is also good with e-commerce platform for online stores.

I would love to use square for my online shop but im just wondering if it would be the right investment to start an online business with square

Hon Tran
Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

Best Answer

To a large degree my opinion may not matter because we are not mostly an online retailer, but I find that the platform is easy to use, easy to make updates with, and easy to incorporate SEO. Personally, I feel like a lot of online traffic comes from easy integration with Instagram/social channels and Square has ties with those and TikTok selling which I think is arguably very important. I think ad spending with Google is also very important for online traffic. There are different levels you can pay for perks to make shipping easier for example.

Deanna [they/them]

Message 4 of 4