x
Admin

The Seller Community is Getting a New Design!

Hello everyone! 👋

Last week, I posted an announcement about Community maintenance that will take place next month on November 11th through the 12th. This week, I want to share with you more information about what the results of that maintenance will be.

One of the biggest changes you can expect to see is structural. All of the boards in the US Community will be grouped within four different categories: Help, Connect, Ideate, and About the Community:

• Help will include all of our troubleshooting and product-focused conversations.
  • Connect will include Seller Groups and other conversation spaces.
  • Ideate will include Beta and feature requests.
  • About the Community will include discussions about the Community itself.

The four tiles currently on the homepage will also be updated to use the four categories above. We feel these changes will make it much easier for you to find what you are looking for.

Before:

AdamB_0-1634665646086.png

After:

AdamB_1-1634665646160.png

You’ll also see two new buttons pictured in the screenshot above, “Ask the Community” and “Help the Community”, which make it easy to post a new thread or find unanswered posts from other sellers.

Thoughts, concerns, or comments? Use the reply button and post them below!

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Super Seller

@AdamB I love the going to simple broad categories!

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 24
Admin

Me too! I love how much simpler it will be to know where to go.

Adam
Message 3 of 24
Super Seller

@AdamB Love the two buttons to "Ask" or "Help", simple and to the point.

René

Life is too short to eat boring cheese.
Message 4 of 24
Super Seller Alumni

Looking forward to seeing these changes! Very cool!

Emily ( she / her )
The Violet Fox Bookshop
https://thevioletfoxbookshop.square.site
Message 5 of 24
Super Seller

It will be a simplistic process to find topics. Thanks for the changes. Now can we talk about the checkout items?

Message 6 of 24
Super Seller Alumni

I can't wait to see the ideas and conversations that Ideate section will lead to!

I'm just a guy doing his best.
Message 7 of 24

I think this is fantastic. I'm new to this community and felt very confused trying to find anything.

Message 8 of 24
Super Seller

I'm old school.  Would love to have a virtual user manual.  Yeah, I know it's all "online" but you have to know what to look for.  You don't what you even look or search for.  Ex.  When we first started designing our POS Ipad I thought we only had 2 screen option not 7.  We would have structured our product layout very different because we have lots of variations and modifiers.  We're linear learners so having to jump around to YouTube, community users, and online tutorials was cumbersome and we missed key info.

Message 9 of 24
Super Seller

Looks like a great update to the community. I always find I revert back to keeping things uber simple and clear works best. 

Luke Nieuwland
Owner/Operator
https://www.whiskyrun.com/
Co-Founder
https://birrdi.com/
Co-Founder
https://www.lakeeffect.ca/
Message 10 of 24
Super Seller

Hi. I could not find an answer, will this update include Canada as well? I belong to both. 

Ryan Anton Schaffer RMT
www.reginamassagetherapist.com
Message 11 of 24
Admin

Great question, @ReginaRMT - the answer is yes! This will be coming to all international communities. Hopefully before the end of the year.

Adam
Message 12 of 24

I cannot wait to hear more about this. It looks simple and straight to the point. 

Message 13 of 24
Super Seller

Adam,

I look forward to the change.

While I have your ear, perhaps you can help me with an issue, I toggled on the new Square Online + Google my Business integration however, it doesn’t appear to show up on Google search. 

Confused, I reached out to @Elyn via messaging and then a 30 minute phone call to support that resulted in 3 transfers and ended with “I’ll send you an email document to sign” giving permission to change our MCC code delineation from Open Markets to the proper, Food & Beverage. Never received any email or document. 

Truth be told, I never knew such a code or delineation existed for our business until now and I’ve been a Square merchant since day one. 

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. 🙏

Max

Max Berkowitz | MAX’S DELI
Square Online Store
Message 14 of 24
Admin

Hi, @MAXSDELI. That doesn't sound like the best experience. 😕 We have a process for changing that which our support team can follow. I'll have our team make a new case for you so an agent can follow up and change that for you.

Adam
Message 15 of 24
Super Seller

Thank you Adam, I’d like to get that straightened out as that delineation must affect how our account works in certain situations. 

Max Berkowitz | MAX’S DELI
Square Online Store
Message 16 of 24
Super Seller

Hi, Adam,

When I click on Help The Community, I see the list of unanswered questions, which is great.  I then read through the first page and click to go to the next page, and I still see the same list.  So then I go to page 3 and so on and still see the same list.  Wonder if pagination is not working correctly?

~Cheryl!
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!

Cheryl! Tisland
Burst Of Butterflies Create & Paint Studio

BurstOfButterflies.com
Message 17 of 24
Admin

Are you still seeing that, @BofBArtStudio? I tested just now and I see different posts on Help the Community when I click the next button. I also see different posts using the number links.

Adam
Message 18 of 24
Super Seller

Seems to be working great now!  I was just testing it last night and it still wouldn't paginate, but now it appears paginate just fine.  ☺️

~Cheryl!
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!

Cheryl! Tisland
Burst Of Butterflies Create & Paint Studio

BurstOfButterflies.com
Message 19 of 24

HI, 

1). I am experiencing the "you have HTML in your post, please remove and try again".  I answer many of the same questions on a daily basis so I have the replies with links, photos etc ready to post so I cut and paste.  Can this "alert" please be removed?

2) Can the 'HOME' link be added to the top of the page?

3) Latest News at the bottom of the home page is not clickable.  I would like to see many more.

Thank you.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 20 of 24
Admin

I made a change on our end for your account which should help, @Goldneye. Let me know if you still have trouble!

Adam
Message 21 of 24