x
Admin

We’re improving feature requests in the Seller Community!

Hello Seller Community! 

Thank you so much for all your support for changes to Square products. Feature requests are an important contribution of the Seller Community, and your suggestions help shape the future of our products and services. Soon, we’re going to be making some changes in the Community with the following goals in mind:

1. Make it easier for you to find and post feature requests.
  2. Keep you up-to-date on the status of a feature request.
  3. Integrate feature requests with our Beta program and Beta Community so you can test and give feedback on the features you’ve requested as we build them.

You will likely see many requests that didn’t gain significant traction moved or archived as we make updates. Archiving these will make the process of submitting requests and having them reviewed by our Product teams more efficient. 

If you see something archived that you think we should take on, feel free to make a new feature request to suggest it again. The strongest feature requests include your use case of how you would utilize the feature, and rationale as to how it will help you better run and grow your business with Square.

For more information, see the new Feature Request category.

Thank you for your suggestions, past, present, and future, and for helping make the Seller Community such a great resource and Community that it is!

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Beta Member

that is great!!!!

Message 2 of 24
Admin

Thanks, @lookgoodsm! We're very excited to make these changes. 😁

Adam
Message 3 of 24

That's GREAT news......I hope my request made the list !!

thanks

lois

Canned Fresh

Message 4 of 24

Stay away from Square!!!    The worst product ever.  Even worse is customer support and sales.   They do not care if you are having problems.   I cannot use my account and no one cared.  Could not wait to get me off the phone.  I will be going to a competitor and  telling all my colleagues the same!

Message 5 of 24
Super Seller

If there was/is an issue with your square account, you can always utilise https://squareup.com/code where you can find help documents, contact a square representative, and use the quick chat method in the pop-up. The seller community is also always here to help you 24/7 if you ever have a question you can drop it in the forum feed and another knowledgeable square user or square employee will aim to offer you support.

I consider myself to be almost a square online expert so I'm always around to help! If you have any questions about square online, integrations, social media, or business I can aim to help you. In other cases, Super Sellers, Square moderators, and other community members have a wide range of expertise and may be able to offer you support, and where we can't we'll aim to find you somewhere to find support! 

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 6 of 24

Hi can you please help me get my code to communicate via telephone.  I know I had a heated argument with an agent that couldn’t understand my issue and as a result it was suspended.  Thank you

Message 7 of 24

I'm hopeful this includes (1) currently functionality designed by engineers and not reflective of business needs / reality and (2) recognize the array of Square users and they everyone isn't an ice cream shop - many businesses have beyond basic needs, (3) acknowledge when the implement functionality isn't performing as designed.

Message 8 of 24
Beta Member

Yes!  Not to be a naysayer, but I'm tired of being told "You are correct, our system can't do that, but you should be so excited because it can do THIS instead (even though the THIS is worthless to you and we know it doesn't meet your needs)" 🙂

Message 9 of 24

Thank you! I haven't known where to go to ask about implementing some ideas. Are there separate areas for website request? reporting/admin requests? etc. 

Message 10 of 24

oh I see the topics now, thank you!

Message 11 of 24

Is the Feature Request Category suppose to be visible to all?

Message 12 of 24
Admin

It should be visible to anyone in the US right now, @GoodGrapes. If you just viewed a thread from a non-US Community it may cause some issues where it doesn't show.

Adam
Message 13 of 24
Beta Member

Switched to square in March of last year and as a result I lost a major planing/forecasting tool. A history of daily hourly sales is a major tool for labor planning. I see this was requested almost a year ago. Has anything been done to provide this option?

Message 14 of 24
Super Seller

@eju37dsyjy Have you set up custom reporting periods in your online dashboard yet?  I had just started using this feature and I have a custom period that is for 11:00AM-1:00pm so I can quickly see my lunch sales and then divide out by location.  I know what you are looking for and the information is there it just doesn't have a report option.  So this is a great example of lets do a feature request and fine tune what we would like to see.

In the meantime try setting up that custom reporting time for each hour or each daypart.  Then you can look at sales by the day, week, month, or whatever calendar period you want.  It would be very easy to look at last weeks daily lunch average to know what to project for the next week.  Or last months lunch sales etc.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 15 of 24
Beta Member

Yes I have set up custom reporting periods. It requires 16 reports per day to get the detail needed for labor planning. That detail was readily available, and downloadable, from a Sams4s 5200 that this system replaced. I was assured by customer service that the information was available in a report in Square, prior to purchasing the system.

In my business each hour/day is unique, not a repeatable daily or weekly cycle, so labor planning is a bit more complicated. It is heavily reliant on annually repeatable cycles. I'm looking at going back to the old system, with more usable data.

Message 16 of 24
Super Seller

@eju37dsyjy I find your situation fascinating.  So what would your ideal report look like?  Would it be an hourly sales report on one page?  Or hourly/# of transactions report? I had a cash register similar to this where we ran an X report and a Z tape at the end of each day and it would do that kind of breakdown.  So what would your ideal report look like?

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 17 of 24
Beta Member

Actually the report would be very simple. Three columns/by the hour. Number of sales, number of items sold & total gross dollar sales. Twenty four lines, with a total on each column. Not exactly high tech when it comes to reporting.

Unfortunately, the majority of register/POS suppliers are very busy addressing and developing functions almost nobody needs and ignoring functions the majority of quality business owners need every day to effectively manage costs and forecasting functions.

Message 18 of 24
Beta Member

Sorry Adam but I don’t have a lot of faith in this. I see the major issues we have still haven’t been resolved four or more years down the road. Simple basics required by all retailers. And the information is already in square we just can’t pull the reports! We don’t need the whistles and bells when we haven’t got simple stock reporting by vendor. 

Message 19 of 24

While I agree with you, I'm willing to show up for the initial launch of this new program that will (or not) takes input from it's customers. There are so many gaps in understanding customer needs and the varying types of customers. I'm exhausted from being dismissed with "the software is working as designed" - THAT's the problem I'm calling about. I'm not an ice cream shop. My ticket prices range significantly. Designing for the ice cream shop isn't the end all be all. I've also experienced zero positive impact from these boards ... "we'll share your feedback with the product managers" ... never to be heard from again.

Message 20 of 24
Super Seller

@LolaandJack I can tell that you have some frustration with some features/reports that you just aren't getting.  I have no idea what those are, but I think the common ground for all of us is that we want square to better represent the way we each do business and make that as easy as possible.  So from there we have a place where we all agree.  

Square has a vested interest in our success.  The more money we make the more they make.  (and yes I know some people will complain they take too much as it is..but not the right place to argue that).

I have been using square for many years now and it has gotten better, and I have seen the features get added.  I have a bias though, I care about what restaurants use square to do.  I may not understand your retail business quite as well.  So we can help each other figure out how to make "stock reporting by vendor" something that could help us both.  Sometimes there are workarounds we have no idea that someone else figured out.  I love those.  Workarounds seem to become features faster than others in my experience.

So as a seller and user of square, I get your angst, but I ask you to start with the rest of us and take this as an opportunity before considering it a disappointment.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

MustHaveMenus
Message 21 of 24