x

Book now button not working says need admin

Hi I hope someone can help me. I’m trying to figure out why is my book now button not working on Instagram .It saying,

45A3E408-21AA-49AD-8B73-C2F344869796.png

I require an “admin permission,” but I am the admin? How do I Fix this to get my Book Now Button on Instagram? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hello there @Micka_LuxSalon

This is a Facebook Admin issue, not Square. This error is displayed because the admin of the Facebook business page or the Instagram business profile also needs to have admin access to the Meta Business Manager (BM) account to make changes.

Here is a resource from Meta (owner of Instagram) about Business Manager. This is the way you get granted admin access to add the Book Now button.

Any staff/team member trying to connect might need this permission turned on for their permission set: 

"Account Settings > Manage subscriptions to Square services and Add-ons"

Businesses can access support here - provides email and chat options to businesses for support. For Admin permissions, select the “Selecting and connecting assets” topic.

I hope this information is helpful and Welcome to the Seller Community 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

I’m not sure if this is a square issue or Facebook issue, when I click add book now button and sign into square it then tells me I need to be an admin .. when I’m the person who created the Facebook page. Someone please help I’ve been trying to fix this for weeks now. 

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi @RonnieLeeHair - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

I went ahead and merged your post to an existing thread where another Seller ran into this issue as well. We merge duplicate conversations together to keep like comments in one place, and to make it easier for others to find the thread in the future. 

Please see the reply from one of our Community Moderators, @JJ_, and let me know if this helps!

I'll keep an eye out for your reply 👀

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4