x
Alumni

Meet a Super Seller: Pesso

Hey hey, happy Tuesday, Community!

I'd like to introduce one of our newest Super Sellers - @Pesso! I'm soooo excited to have Pesso on board as a Community Super Seller! With all our top contributors, I like to do a little interview so that you can get to know the people who help you out here in the community. Read on for more about Pesso's journey as a business owner of an ice cream shop in NYC! 🍦 

Tell us a little about your business. 

• We opened our store (Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream) 13 years ago. My father was a House Painter and one day while we were working together, he turned to me and said "You know, I want to open an Ice Cream store." Being a 13 year old kid faced with the prospect of owning an Ice Cream store, I jumped on the idea and we started making a plan. Within 6 months we had our place and got to work making some delicious desserts.

When did you start using Square?

• We started using Square in 2012 when we heard how widespread it was. We took my old iPod touch and plugged in the reader, and we finally were able to accept credit cards after years of thinking about it and struggling to find an easy system that worked for us. Within a few months I gave up my iPad and we went all in with the full Square POS system, and never looked back. Now we use the Marketing and Loyalty systems, and the Gift Cards, which have all tremendously improved how we run our business.

What do you know now that you wish you would have known on day 1 of starting your business?

• That's a tough one. There are two main things that I wish we knew when we started our business: Track & Simplify. Having more information of what sells and what doesn't, how much time and effort and money is spent on certain things, is priceless data. The key and the next step is using that data to simplify the business. Phasing out flavors or product lines that don't sell well or cost too much, cutting down on shifts during slower times, anything you can do to simplify the business for yourself, your employees, and your customers is key.

What questions can you help with in the community? What's your favorite discussion topic?

•  My specialty is Operations & Efficiency. I love to answer questions about the features we've adopted and workarounds we've come up with. Gift Cards, Loyalty Program, Customer Management, Inventory Management, Marketing, and more!

Pesso & his family outside the shopPesso & his family outside the shopPesso with his dad behind the counterPesso with his dad behind the counter @Pesso, thanks again for using Square and for joining the Seller Community! 🎉

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Thanks so much for featuring and having me! Love this community and looking forward to helping as much as I can!

Pesso
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 2 of 3
Admin

Just found this, so awesome! Looking forward to chatting on Monday @Pesso.

Aaron Weiss
Community Lead, Square
Get help in our Support Center | Join the Beta Community
Message 3 of 3