x

My USB hub dies every 12 months, I can’t be the only one

Why is it so so so Hard to find a way to order a new hub.  I have been searching for a half hour!  If it dies every 12 months, it should be ready available to replace. Speaking of the USB hub needing a yearly replacement shouldn’t this be a faulty issue and replacement should take place at no cost to me?

Please provide a Link to the USB Hub and if you could inform me of the warranty policy.

Thank you,

[PERSONAL INFORMATION REDACTED]

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Square Community Moderator

Hi @GWTS

Thanks for flagging that to us. Your USB Accessory Hub should't be malfunctioning that often. Usually when this happens it indicates there might be an issue with the Square Stand itself. 

I recommend you go through our Square Stand Warranty process to replace the entire unit, but if you'd like to purchase a new USB Accessory Hub, you can purchase one here: 

Square Stand Accessories Kit

Message 2 of 9

I have had the same problems, none of my listed compatible devices will connect and it seems to be a usb hum problem. Can we get an updated link on the warranty process. The one you posted is no longer valid 

Message 3 of 9

I AM USING THE SYSTEM ON A FOOD TRUCK SO THE SYSTEM BOUNCES AROUND ALL THE TIME

Message 4 of 9
Super Seller

@GWTS, they definitely shouldn't/don't die every 12 months, there must be an issue with your stand or the electrical supply or something causing the issue.  My three Square stands are 5+ years old and I've never replaced any parts on them.

Message 5 of 9

I am having the same issue - did it get resolved? My stand will not recognize my USB hub even though it works on my other stand. It is really frustrating.

Message 6 of 9
Alumni

Our support team would be able to look into this with you, @BillH.

When you have a moment, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.
A phone call is the quickest option!

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 9

I have been messaging and was told I cannot get a square stand replacement. Even though it is clearly a hardware issue. I am calling now. It is super disappointing that square won't replace an $84 defective part for us despite all the fees and services and other products I purchase.

Message 8 of 9
Alumni

If your hardware is within it's warranty timeframe, you can replace your hardware using this page.

If not, you would need to head to the Square Shop in order to purchase a replacement, @vb61.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 9