x

Business type not supported

Seems a common problem but I have to ask...tried to register my new Square, entered as a sole trader and my ABN number and got the ‘sorry we don’t support your business yet’ message but goes on to say I can still use it as a point of sale solution? How is that possible if I can’t get it to take payments? I thought maybe it was that I chose the wrong business type but none of them really fit my business anyway, why does it even matter? I’m very disappointed and frustrated I had heard how simple this was but proving to be a bit of a let down!

96716F5D-F166-47B4-BB21-F4BF8F6F876B.png

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @Nina6462,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear you're having trouble signing up! You shouldn't actually be seeing this message if you have a sole trader ABN.

At the moment the ABNs we are able to onboard for payments are:

Individual/Sole Trader (with or without an ABN)
Partnerships (with an ABN)
Companies (with an ABN)
Trusts (with an ABN)

So I can better understand what's happening here, could you please send me a private message with your ABN and Square account email - I'll take a further look.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

I'm in the same boat. I have created an account for my local football club who will be operating a bar and canteen facilities with square, or at least that was the plan, however I'm unable to accept card payments. This is rather disappointing. I've read recent threads that state you will have a solution in the first half of 2021. We are just about at the end of the Q1 2021 and nothing as yet? Could you please provide an update on the process so that I can get my club up and running. Alternatively provide me a means of deleting the account I have created and releasing the email address associated with it.

Message 3 of 4

Did you ever resolve this query?

I've purchased a Square for my Community Band and I'm getting the same error.

Message 4 of 4