x

How can I link my account to a charity event and be able to take payments with a credit car?

Hi there, 

We are trying to activate the credit card payment for a charity event we are hosting and the system is now allowing us to do so.

Is there any specific reason for this, or is there a way around it that allow us to take the payments, as you may be aware no many people carry cash on, hence the reason why your system is handy and we would like to make use of it.

Could you please point us out in the right direction.

Regards,

Lions Club of Kootingal.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hi @LionsKootingal,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We're currently running a pilot program to get clubs, associations and NFPs on-boarded for card payments. You can read more about this and sign up for the pilot here.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

I have the same problem as Lions Club of Kootingal. Charmhaven Lions Club also purchased the Square & it’s not allowing us to use it. Help is needed please.

Charmhaven Lions Club

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Hey @Charmylions,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear you're having trouble signing up.

At the moment the ABNs we are able to onboard for payments are:

Individual/Sole Trader (with or without an ABN)
Partnerships (with an ABN)
Companies (with an ABN)
Trusts (with an ABN)

We previously ran a pilot program for other ABNs (referred to in my older post above from 2019), however this has since ended and we've gone back to the drawing board to try and develop a new system for clubs, associations and NPFs that can hopefully be in place permanently in the future.

You can read more about the current situation here. If you subscribe to that thread I'll be updating it once we have a new system in place so you should get an email alert. Sorry we can't be of more help in the meantime!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4