x

Incorporated entity - can't sign up?

I'm trying to set this up for fundraising (raffle tickets/merchandise/donations) at events (like the Million Paws Walk) and because our businees type comes up as 'other incorporated entity' it wont let us.  Is there any way to set up as a registered charity/incorporated entity? We are duly registered with the ACNC for our charity status.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Alumni

Hi @RainbowPaws, and welcome to the community!

The good news is that we can definitely support registered charities that identify as incorporated entities - the process is a little more manual, but we'll be able to have you taking payments in as little as 10-12 days.

@Seamus has done a great job explaining the process here - I've just sent you an email requesting the information that we require 🙂

Message 2 of 7

Hi, How do i access this process as it seems the page is blocked?

Message 3 of 7
Admin

Hey @SDAB,

Thanks for reaching out. At the time this original post was made we were running a pilot program where we were testing ways of manually onboarding ABNs associated with many clubs, community groups and NFPs. These ABNs are subject to a number of different regulatory checks to sign up for financial services, so the process for signing up is more complicated than other ABNs and requires a number of documents and ID verification of club members.

This pilot has since ended and unfortunately the process wasn't scalable on a wider level. We've gone back to the drawing board and are working on a way to automate this process on a wider level. Our hope is to have more to announce here in the coming months.

At the moment the ABNs we are able to onboard for payments are:

Individual/Sole Trader (with or without an ABN)
Partnerships (with an ABN)
Companies (with an ABN)
Trusts (with an ABN)

We're aiming to also be able to support:

Other Incorporated Entities

Other Unincorporated Entities

You can read more about things as they stand at the moment in this thread - the best way to get a notification on when things change is to follow the thread and I'll update all users there when things change.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 7

Hi @Seamus ,  I run a Social Enterprise and am a consultant that works with a lot of small-medium size charities.  I have subscribed to this thread but would like to be involved in any further pilots or trials if I could. I have referred many to Square and was surprised to hear that you have stopped being able to provide the service to them. 

Message 5 of 7
Admin

Hey @kirribillibiz,

The goal at the moment is to built a system that can work for all "Other Incorporated Entity" and "Other Unincorporated Entity" ABNs, rather than run another pilot program or trial.

The best thread to subscribe to for updates will be this one - though I'll endeavor to go back through individual threads about the issue and tag those threads too once we have a solution in place.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 7

Thanks Seamus, I've subscribed to that post already 🙂

Message 7 of 7