x

Multiple customer charges for one sale

My customer has multiple charges on their bank account for one sale purchase.

Two transactions failed until the final transaction was successful. A couple of days later all three transactions appeared as Customer Charged on my weebly account.

this does not appear on Square pay and I have only received one payment.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @Raskalsandco,

Thanks for your message.

Generally speaking, If a payment is canceled, declined or interrupted, your customer may experience a pending transaction (or transactions) on their card statement. 

Square sends a void notification to the bank as soon as a payment becomes voided. This notification informs the bank that Square will not be capturing the funds in question. Once this notification has been sent, it is the bankโ€™s responsibility to release any hold on those funds in the cardholderโ€™s account.

Some banks reflect this activity as a pending charge or by placing it in a separate section of an online statement (they are oftentimes portrayed in parentheses). These are not actual charges, rather us verifying the money is on the card. In a couple of business days, these charges will drop off the credit cardโ€™s account statement. No interest will be charged either.

While I'm not able to look into private account information over Facebook, if you would like us to look further at this please give our support team a call on 1800 760 137 - they'll be able to assist you further.

Lines are open Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm AEST. Thanks for understanding.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2