x

Unable to verify. Can learner permit be used?

Hello,

I am unable to verify my identity to use Square (sole trader business) . I have tried many times and did everything correctly. The email support really isn’t helpful, i have already been in contact with them. I do not know what i am doing wrong at this stage. I was successfully verified (manually) before by Square for a partnership that is now discontinued. 

However i have an overseas passport where an overseas address is shown but isn’t my current address in Australia. does that pose a problem? 

I have also tried with my Australian learner permit but it doesn’t work either. Is learner permit accepted for identity verification purposes ? Thank you. It’s been 3 weeks i’m stuck and can’t use Square for my customers. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @FTI_456,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear you're having trouble signing up.

For more help on ID verification issues, you'll need to get in touch with our support team on 1800 760 137. Lines are open Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time.

You can also find some general troubleshooting for this at https://squareup.com/help/au/en/article/5057-signup-troubleshooting - I recommend reading through this article for more on how the ID verification process works and why it can fail. A learner's permit can be used, however the success of the ID verification is based on a number of different factors.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2