x
Super Seller Alumni

Apple Pay not working

Apple Pay does not work when ordering from an iOS phone on safari or chrome .

Message 1 of 77
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi there, @JoeCravin!🍿🍬

For your customers to see Apple Pay as a payment option at checkout, they will need to view your website while on an Apple Pay-enabled device. Have your customers reported being unable to pay using Apple Pay when viewing your website from an Apple device, or are you not seeing the option yourself?

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 77
76 REPLIES 76
Super Seller Alumni

oh, its an option on my settings for online store and its worked in the past. but not anymore.  I'm guessing its a bug. @kellyj 

Message 2 of 77
Square Community Moderator

@pieous Oh my apologies. I wasn't aware this was an option under the Online Store settings.

If so and it's not showing- definitely would say it's a bug. 

Ashley C
Message 3 of 77

My Apple Pay hasn't been working on my Weebly/Square on-line store.  I have it on in settings but it is not offered to my customers in the on-line store.

Message 4 of 77
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi there, @JoeCravin!🍿🍬

For your customers to see Apple Pay as a payment option at checkout, they will need to view your website while on an Apple Pay-enabled device. Have your customers reported being unable to pay using Apple Pay when viewing your website from an Apple device, or are you not seeing the option yourself?

Valentina
Message 5 of 77

I have both Apple pay and Google pay selected as an option in the settings but I am being told customers cannot get it to work and cannot use it to pay.

Message 6 of 77

Hi there, @whrfd - thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community!

I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for information regarding using Apple Pay. Take a look at this Best Answer and thread from Valentina. She will provide some next steps for troubleshooting, as well as a method to get in contact with our Support Team if need be.

Let us know if you have any additional questions! 

Joe
Message 7 of 77

Having the same issue... Google pay is showing up just fine for my online store in the cart. But no Apple Pay. It does show up if I use any of my direct checkout links but only on those direct links. I have tried on several different Macs, iPhones, and iPad (yes, using Safari on Big Sur, iOS 14.4). I use Apple Pay for other things all the time so it's not my devices.

Checkout Link example (Apple Pay works)

https://checkout.square.site/buy/6B3344WY3KRYD7DO5ADDTLU3

Store Link:

https://b-fit-107328.square.site

Message 8 of 77
Beta Member

@Valentina ... WRONG! It5 does NOT currently work on any devices with Apple Pay enabled. It did, but not anymore. I've called, and this has "Been identified as an issue..." or some such language. This is ridiculous. I have customers that pay with Apple Pay. They don't use GooglePay (which works on my ApplePay enabled devices, even though I do not even have a GooglePay account) These are the kind of things that frustrate sellers. Please escalate this and fix ASAP.

Message 9 of 77
Super Seller Alumni

This is because square gets paid by google to feature them...but it’s a horrible deal for sellers. We get the shaft so square can give google and cash app “prime shelf space.” We don’t even have notes working anymore. The UI on payment sucks for customers, it’s changed. I’m getting frustrated and will seek other platform ideas. 

Message 10 of 77
Alumni

I can jump in here to provide some additional clarification here, @burbelmaiers.

Apple Pay will only appear if the user uses Safari on desktop or mobile, AND have a credit card (or any other payment method) in their Apple Wallet. Google Pay will appear on most browsers - Chrome, Safari and Firefox - regardless of the platform (iOS/Android/Windows).

Valentina
Message 11 of 77
Beta Member

All due respects, but you have no clue as to the problem here. I have ApplePay enabled on ALL of my devices (iOS and Mac) with several cards in my wallet, and I use it all the time with other vendors... no problem. Same thing for my customers who have previously paid using ApplePay. Seemingly out of the blue, it just stopped working for everyone. When I spoke to your own tech support, after the representative checked with the tech team, I was told that this is a known issue, and Square has to resolve it with Apple. Please don't give non-sensical and incorrect information. I used ApplePay on my laptop this morning, and my iPhone yesterday with other vendors... no problems, works like a charm. It worked on Square platform previously, square updated, now it's broken. SQUARE needs to fix it. No more BS answers please.

Message 12 of 77
Super Seller Alumni

Google pays square to be featured ...Apple does not. Maybe that will help you connect the dots.

Message 13 of 77
Alumni

Sometimes Apple Pay will not appear as a checkout payment option because of a failure on Apple’s side to verify the store’s domain. If you reach out to our team directly, they should be able to give you a hand with this @burbelmaiers. When you have a moment, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

Valentina
Message 14 of 77
Beta Member

You mean the domain which is registered and hosted with you? AGAIN, it worked for months (although sometimes would disappear for a few hours. Then it broke. AGAIN YOUR tech people said "This is a known issue that we [Square} has to resolve with Apple."

For the most part I like Square, but when I hit intransigence with a problem being met by a blame everyone but Square stream of response, it leaves me really pond. Admit to the issue and FIX IT.

PS. Please have someone fix the hold music. One year of hearing 3/4 of "Here Comes the Sun" on continuous loop is kinda insulting to your sellers, who are what makes Square $. 

Message 15 of 77
Alumni

I escalated this to the team that is able to assist with this, and they were able to verify the domain.
Things should now be working properly, @burbelmaiers.

If you run into this issue again, please be sure to reach out and get in touch with our Square Online team, or tag me here.

Last quick tip: You have the option to request a call back if you prefer not to wait on hold.

Valentina
Message 16 of 77

Applepay does not work in Chrome at all

Message 17 of 77

@Valentina I am having the exact same issue. Our sales have been down online, and I just discovered this on my own as I was testing the system. Customers don't always speak up when they are frustrated at home, trying to order dinner. They just leave your page and go to Ubereats ... which ALLWAYS makes it easy to accept money in every way possible, We have always accepted apple pay and yes, it is loaded on my devices with accounts linked, yada yada yada. If my site needs to be verified, it needs to be escalated immediately. I have an important pop-up running today that I have personally killed myself to produce, and if my online buyers can't checkout, you will have, and I mean this as seriously as it sounds... ruin my business.

I'm honestly desperate. I've spent more time trying to set up special menus and pre-orders on your platform, with problem after problem -- than I have cooking for this. (I am a chef owner.) I'm almost in tears. Seriously.

Message 18 of 77
Beta Member

Customers reported seeing options for Apple Pay, but transactions don’t complete. They say the page doesn’t change.

Message 19 of 77

Good morning. 

I have customers trying to use Apple pay via a QR code from their Apple phone and it's not working. Can someone advise what the issue may be? Additionally Google pay is also not working from cell phones using the QR codes to checkout. I have checked and both Apple Pay and Google Pay are enabled on our

Message 20 of 77

Hi there @BFCA

We recommend reaching out to our advanced team directly to investigate this. They may need to do deeper troubleshooting to get to the source of this issue.

Ellie
Message 21 of 77