x
Super Seller Alumni

Apple Pay not working

Apple Pay does not work when ordering from an iOS phone on safari or chrome .

Message 1 of 77
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi there, @JoeCravin!🍿🍬

For your customers to see Apple Pay as a payment option at checkout, they will need to view your website while on an Apple Pay-enabled device. Have your customers reported being unable to pay using Apple Pay when viewing your website from an Apple device, or are you not seeing the option yourself?

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 77
76 REPLIES 76

This became an issue for me over the weekend. Several new customers tried to check out using Apple Pay, but it didn't go through. Since they were new, they didn't know to look for a confirmation email and I had to scramble to put orders together (I do pre-orders only, no on-demand ordering) for the Passover holiday. I would have chalked it up to customers lying about their mystery order to make up for them not planning, but one of the customers was my cousin. In these cases they see the Apple Pay option (I've enabled the Apple Pay option in Checkout Settings) but it does not go through. What is the fix for this? Apple Pay is very convenient and I do not want to lose sales due to not having this option available and want to avoid the issue of people thinking they ordered when they didn't.

Message 43 of 77
Super Seller Alumni

Apple pay works on safari (an apple product) and google pay works on chrome (a google product). But Apple Pay will not work on chrome. I’m sensing that the two have figured out a way to block each other’s payment apps. Sounds like an eager antitrust lawyer could have a field day (and quite large payday). Meanwhile, our customers suffer.

Message 44 of 77
Alumni

@MortAndBettys + @pieous - sorry about the troubles here.

My best bit of advice is to get in touch with our team directly if you're running into a wall that we may be able to help break down. They may be able to give you a hand, depending on what the issue is. Sometimes they just need to re-verify your domain.

I hope this helps at least some of you!

Valentina
Message 45 of 77

This issue does not present itself until I have a customer saying they thought they placed an order but it turns out it didn't go through. How would your team be able to assist with that?

Message 46 of 77
Alumni

Our team can work with you to ensure that settings in your Square Dashboard are as they should be, and make adjustments on the backend for future payments @MortAndBettys.

Valentina
Message 47 of 77

I am also having issues accepting Apple Pay at this time. It is toggled to the on position. My website is soapybros.com

Message 48 of 77
Square Community Moderator

Hey @soapybros,

Thanks for writing in to the Seller Community👋

If you're having trouble seeing Apple Pay in the checkout and you're using an Apple Pay enabled device, I'd recommend reaching out to CS so they can troubleshoot with you further! 

Message 49 of 77

Hi @Arie  I've tried reaching out to customer support as you suggested, however nobody ever got back to me. @tranguyen  I believe has helped me before with this issue with another one of our websites. Once again our website is soapybros.com and does not display Apple Pay anymore, but still shows Google Pay.

Message 50 of 77
Alumni

Have you tried to give our team a call instead of emailing us, @soapybros? 🧼 

I am not seeing a previous conversations between you and Tra - did you receive help via private message, by chance?

Valentina
Message 51 of 77

@Valentina I have not tried tried calling yet I assumed someone would have resolved it already as it seems to be a common issue. @tranguyen  solved this issue with another one of our businesses @ChocolatePretzl 

Message 52 of 77
Alumni

Got it! I found that conversation here, and it looks like Tra provided these troubleshooting steps:

• Make sure that Apple Pay is fully setup on your device
  • Make sure your browser is up to date
  • Clear the cache on your browser
  • If none of this helps, please confirm the exact version of your Safari by checking here

Have you tried these steps with this business yet, @soapybros?
I'll look out for your response so we can dig in a bit more! 

Valentina
Message 53 of 77

@Valentina Yes I I have tried these steps already. I have tried them on various devices as well. I did. notice the issue seemed to occur after I had upgraded my plan. Not sure if that would have anything to do with it. 

Message 54 of 77

Thanks for giving those steps a try, @soapybros. I don't believe upgrading your Square Online plan would have any affect on your Apple Pay ability.

If you've exhausted the troubleshooting steps here listed by Tra, we would recommend reaching out to our Support Team directly for more insight. They can walk with you further into troubleshooting! 

Joe
Message 55 of 77
Super Seller Alumni

I have found that Apple Pay works when the customer uses safari and google pay works when the customer uses chrome. Apple and google don’t really work together. 

Message 56 of 77

Yup, Apple Pay not working here either. I have all the right boxes checked and everything. Funny it worked up until about 3 weeks ago when at the same time my web store starting showing a gigantically terrible pop up looking thing right in your face on mobile devices, square calls it the "add to cart button" totally different then it was prior to 3 weeks ago though. Worst thing is, there's even  a big "X" on the side like it is a pop-up but when you hit the "X"  it just closes the entire page. It seems like the web template has been updated by Square to include these new super cool features that actually drive business away. Yes, I am pretty mad about it.

Message 57 of 77

Wow same issue for me. Apple Pay can be seen directly if I go to my website via a computer or via a browser on my iPhone....BUT it will not appear if people use the QR code to get to the site. How is this even possible???

Message 58 of 77

Welcome back to the Community, @Yacht

Do you know if your customers are using an Apple Pay enabled device? 

@Valentina mentioned in an earlier post that if they are not, then Apple Pay will not show up. 

I will keep an eye out for your reply👀

Kassi
Message 59 of 77
Beta Member

Are these issues still occurring? I got this feedback from a customer: "The order process was very frustrating. On mobile Apple Pay was displayed as an option, but it didn’t work and there didn’t appear to be any way to progress to an alternate payment option. On desktop I was able to complete the order in Edge (not Safari), but Apple Pay was not an option. I was able to use credit card."

Message 60 of 77

Hey @H-and-HMusic

We are happy to take a look at this for you. What is your website address?

Let us know, have a good day. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 61 of 77
Beta Member

Thanks for looking into this. I have disabled Apple Pay for now, because I don't want to mislead people. (It was enabled before.) The site is: https://harrow-and-harmony-music.square.site/

Message 62 of 77
Beta Member

I should add that I don't have any items on my site yet... still building it. Customers are getting to the items by way of a checkout link.

Message 63 of 77