x

Blocking off time for resource

We are a catering service with a variety of Resources (food truck, booth, etc).

Sometimes we book festivals (no customer) and need to block off a Resource for the time of the festival or set up times. Is there a way to do that in Appointments Calendar? Right now I'm just making a fake appointment and requiring a Resource. But this is cumbersome. 

There are times when a Resource isn't available (maintenance, other bookings, etc) and it would be nice to be able to make it temporarily unavailable.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hi @ 

Would you be able to edit the availability for your calendar? You're trying to make it so that customers are not able to book an appointment with one of your resources when an event/booking comes up correct? 

Message 2 of 3

I can block off time for a Staff member, but not for a Resource. A Resource is shared between 3 staff members and I still want the staff member to be booked for other services.

For example:

Staff members A, B, C are all available to use the Resource "ice cream truck" as well as other services like "popsicle cart"

Service: Catering with ice cream truck

Available staff members: A, B, or C

Resource: ice cream truck

Special event: festival (no customer)

Staff member: A will attend festival

Resource: ice cream truck

Staff members B and C are still available for services with the popsicle cart. I don't want to make all staff members unavailable. I just want to remove the Resource "ice cream truck" from being booked on the festival date.

For now, I've had to create an appointment for  a customer with no name or contact information just to block off the time, staff member, and resource. It would be nice if there was a way to block off a resource if it's unavailable for other purposes, repairs, etc.

Message 3 of 3