x

Can we switch back to home-screen webapp after payment made in the native iPad app?

I have finally made a web app and saved it on the home-screen on my ipad. After the payment is done, I can't get back to my home-screen app but Square App opens a new tab on Safari instead. I'm curious if there is way that your app on iOS can go to my home-sceen webapp, or previous opened app ... or at least stop open new tab everytime it go open safari as well.

I have looked into your documentation on dev site but, I could not find that. Maybe I have missed something. Could you pelase point me out to the right direction?

Thanks in advnace.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hello @tuangt! It looks like you already reached out to our API team about this by the time I read your post. Unfortunately, it will always open a new tab in your browser on the callback. However this is currently only limitation on iOS devices, this won't happen on Android devices. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 4

Yes, thank you. I tried reaching out to your dev team but no one replied back so I posted here. Thank you for responding.

I also have learned from Stack Overflow that it might need from your end to provide the function for going back to previous opened app. And, that's why I asked here. Thank you again. I hope there is other way around.

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Thanks @tuangt! If the API team is able to resolve this we'll update this thread to let you know. Stack Overflow is a great resource too! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 4