x

Client Feature- Tip screen changes

Our options for tips is to have it discretely at the top of the signature page, which ofter gets missed until after they push the done button, or hand the tablet to clients with a giant "TIP ME!" screen.  Wouldn't it be possible to have the signature and tip screen together be more balanced visually, so clients don't miss it as easily? Or an "add tip" button next to the "done signing" button

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Admin

Hi @jillydawn, thanks for flagging this and sorry for the delayed response.

I will be sure to surface your post to our Product Liaison team and point out that having more control over the tipping screen display would benefit your business. We realize that each business is different and there's a fine balance — we don't want sellers to miss out on receiving tips nor do we want to create an awkward checkout experience where customers feel pressured into leave a tip.

Appreciate your patience as we're constantly working to improve based on seller experience. Keep in touch and let us know if anything else comes up!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 10

Hi! I just purchased another Square Register for our new location and was wondering if there were any updates on the combined screen of tips on top and signature at the bottom? Just like the Square Stand with the iPad. I am seeing lower tips on the Square register vs. the iPad/Square Stand. Thank you in advance.

Message 3 of 10
Admin

No updates yet @stevek1982! So you think that your customers a missing the tip option on your Square Register because it doesn't appear on the same screen as the signature? Can you let us know a bit more about your business? This will help the Square Register team to understand the impact this difference is having! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 10

Hi Helen, thanks for the quick reply. The important factor I'd forgot to mention in my previous post was that my employees tend to SKIP TIP on their end. After asking a few employees, here are some possible factors.

• Employees feel guilt - feeling bad to earn a tip so they press the skip tip button.
  • Employees profiling customers in their own way
  • Moments where employees feel awkward when customers don't take immediate action when the tip screen is showing on the customer's end. So they just press the skip tip button.

I believe these are some reasons as to why the employees tend to earn more tips on the combined tip and signature page.

We operate 3 e-cigarette retail locations. Our main location uses the Square Register and our 3rd location uses the iPad with the Square Stand (Just purchased a Square Register to replace the Square Stand). After analyzing data, I've noticed tips were higher with the iPad/Square Stand option for the same employees that work at both locations. I am currently holding off on installing the new Square Register for the 3rd location. 

Thank you in advance.

Message 5 of 10
Admin

Thank you for taking the time to research and reply with the different outcomes for Register and Stand at your business, @stevek1982. I'll be sure to document your insight with the proper team members. It sounds like there's more we can do to address the behaviors and interactions that you listed above. We'll circle back to this thread as soon as any other developments come through.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 6 of 10

When I'm almost done with running the charge. The page use to show the signature page+the tipping percentage. Now it shows a tipping page b4 signing or no signing at all just processes it.I feel to embarrassed to ask Do you want to put a tip on. So I go ahead and hit No tip. Then the customer will ask How to put a tip on it? I HATE the way it's set up now. I just can't ask If they want to tip me. I've checked the settings for tipping and I'm not sure how to change it back to show a signature and percent tipping. Square is always changing the tipping service. How do I change it back to the old way?

Message 7 of 10
Alumni

Sounds like you have 'tipping on separate screen' togged on in tipping Settings. Can you double check your settings again and confirm ? 

@Yorkieowner

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 10

It is on so it should be off? I want the page where they sign it and the percentages for tipping are above the signature line. Today I had both pages show up. No signature page and then a signature page, so frustrating. 

Message 9 of 10
Alumni

Totally understand your frustration. Yes, you want to toggle that setting off so signature and tipping share the same screen. 

@Yorkieowner

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 10 of 10