x

[Connect API v2] How can I know the smallest denomination of a particular currency?

The reference says: «The amount field is always in the smallest denomination of the currency indicated by currency_code».

https://docs.connect.squareup.com/api/connect/v2/#workingwithmonetaryamounts
How can I know the smallest denomination of a particular currency?
For example, Stripe lists its zero-decimal currencies in the documentation:
https://support.stripe.com/questions/which-zero-decimal-currencies-does-stripe-support
I did not find a similar documentation page for Square.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

@Mage2PRO - Great question! Since the API is only currently available in US and Canada, the only
accepted currencies at the moment are USD and CAD, which are both decimal currencies. As we continue to expand into other countries, we'll be sure to update our documentation accordingly. 

FYI - In the future feel free to check out Square Connect's Stack Overflow page. It's been a great resource for our developer community, and there's already a ton of questions that have been answered there.

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square

Best Answer

@Mage2PRO - Great question! Since the API is only currently available in US and Canada, the only
accepted currencies at the moment are USD and CAD, which are both decimal currencies. As we continue to expand into other countries, we'll be sure to update our documentation accordingly. 

FYI - In the future feel free to check out Square Connect's Stack Overflow page. It's been a great resource for our developer community, and there's already a ton of questions that have been answered there.

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 4

As I see, the Connect API now supports Japan, Australia, and the United Kingdom.
Whether Japanese yen is treated as a zero-decimal currency in Square?

Message 3 of 4

As I see, the Connect API now supports Japan, Australia, and the United Kingdom.
What are the minimum and maximum limits for payment amounts in JPY, GBP, and AUD?

Message 4 of 4