x

Feature Request - Category Descriptions

Hello. Since we can't add text sections to category pages in Square Online, I would love to have a description field added to the category form that displays at the top of item listings on category pages. 🤔

Example 

Category Name/Title: Paper-Bead Stretch Bracelets

Category Description: Description: Our paper-bead stretch bracelets feature hand-rolled, hand-glazed, paper beads. We've made almost 6,000 beads since we started this product line. The beads are water-resistant, not water-proof. Please do not shower, bathe, or swim in them. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Beta Member

I came here to request this feature also. Itʻs hard to make a category title meaningful without making it way too long. I would like to be able to add a short description that appears when a person selects the category, above or to the side of the list of items.

Message 2 of 9
Beta Member

Just popping by to see if there had been any response on this from Square. I hope itʻs a feature under consideration. 

Message 3 of 9

I haven't heard/seen anything.

Message 4 of 9
Alumni

@BethanyReynolds @jeanette

Nothing new as of yet. When we're ready to launch this feature, we'll make an announcement and notify this thread.

Make sure you subscribe up top for the latest 🙂

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 9
Beta Member

Don't hold your breath. The devs aren't great at adding customer requests. The ability to arrange the items in your inventory by date has been requested since 2016 and is still not a feature. It's on the online store but not in the inventory that you add new things to.

Message 6 of 9
Beta Member

I agree! This would be a great feature. I would like to be able to add a short description of why the items are in a particular category.

Message 7 of 9

Any updates related to your request? I would like to do something similar.

Thanks!

Message 8 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for adding your voice here, @mplsirishgirl

We do not have any updates at this time, but we'll be sure to post once we do. 

Message 9 of 9