x
Beta Member

Featured Items Search on website editor

On the website editor, I use the featured items section on a page to put items in a specific order. I love using this feature for new products and specific items I want to show to customers. However, the search section is awful. I try to search for an item and I get the entire store in order of when the items were added. For instance, I searched for an item that was added to my system last year. I had to scroll through every single item that has been added since then because the search bar is essentially useless. It doesn't actually search for anything. I even typed the exact name of the item and it came up with tons of products that in no way were related to the item I was searching for. Is there an update or something that will fix this anytime soon?  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hello @Sexology

Thank you for reaching out, and great to see you posting in the Seller Community again, welcome! 🤗 

Just for some clarity here, when referencing the search option, are you talking about the ability to search through your items on your end via the web editor? or are you referencing the search ability on your customers end?

I will await your response, but in the meantime, let me know if you find this support  article helpful. 

Frida
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

The search through items on my end through the web editor. 

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @Sexology 👋

This sounds like a good question for our Square Online Store team, @Sexology 

The search bar should be able to locate the items you search for and if this is not the case then we need to look into this closely. When you get a chance please give us a call so we can take a look at your account with you to help a shine light here.

We recommend calling in because the support team is able to look at your account alongside you in order to pinpoint what's going on here. Please reach out by phone or email when you have a moment by logging into your Square account and heading here.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4