x

Has anyone tried to create API for OSCommerce software -

this is free european based open source code that is very extensive and free.

My site is over 100,000 pages and 4000 items.  I currently have PayPal installed but would like to add Square for those who do not like to use PayPal.  Third party processing firms have too high a montly fee to make it commercially feasible.

I have read all the ECOMMERCE items on Square and can write an API, but would like to avoid the problems if anyone has already tried it.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Alumni

Wow, that is a big site! 

I haven't integreated myself, but looking online it seems like some people have used the two together. Good luck! 

Message 2 of 8

I am also looking for an API for OS Commerce.

The OS Commerce Addons site does not have this listed and I agree, the Authroize.net interface I am using with OSC is getting too expensive for my use. (Monthly fee, even if no sales, plus per transaction charge).  Programming is currently outside of my skillset (but can copy-paste and follow instructions.)  🙂

I can switch to another shopping cart that supports Square, but would prefer not to as I have been using OSC for more than 10 years and have most everything integrated and most of the sponsored shopping carts on Square's pages are outside of my budget.

Message 3 of 8

There is a new Square payment module that has been written for oscommerce.

Square for oscommerce

I haven't gotten it to work with my site yet as I am having an issue between my Sucuri firewall and Squareup.

Message 4 of 8

I am stuck on step 2. I don't see a template_bottom.php file

Message 5 of 8

Hello @Cory_C, did you ever get a chance to setup your site? 

Message 6 of 8

How do I set up Square on an OsCommerce website? Do I need to install a plugin on the OsCommerce side?

Message 7 of 8

I have not got around to installing the OsCommerce  plugin mentioned earlier in this thread.

I did install the PayPal plugin which is easy.  Our customers do not need a PayPal account to use it.  It will request how they want to pay and they can chose Credit Card.

I like it since I never see their Credit card info. It goes directly to the PayPal bank.  Thus no possibility of any hacker getting it from my web site.  The payment confirmation then shows on the administrative site in the comments on the customer's order.

I do get customers calling saying they could not complete their order.  A return call from me telling them to use PayPal is a small inconvenience.  

Message 8 of 8