x

How can I edit the 'Reply-to' email address that appears in the 'From' line for online orders?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: How to change email address for online orders?

I would like to change the text in my "from" line on my emails, where do I control this?

Message 1 of 14
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

HI, you can edit the store emails at Online Dashboard, Settings, Email Setup.

Hope this helps!

Terri

🛍 Shop my store

Resale Collection - http://bit.ly/HangerHues

Hope This Helps!
TERRI

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Best Answer

HI, you can edit the store emails at Online Dashboard, Settings, Email Setup.

Hope this helps!

Terri

🛍 Shop my store

Resale Collection - http://bit.ly/HangerHues

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 14

I've got the same issue (return address on order confirmations stuck at no-reply@editmysite.com), but I've already checked (Home/Account & Settings / Email).  The Menus referenced above don't exist on my setup.

Message 3 of 14

HI, the menu referenced is on your ONLINE Dashboard, not Square Dashboard.

Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 9.36.02 AM.png

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 4 of 14

Sorry, was poking all around searching.  I have set up the Store Emails page, but orders come from no-reply@editmysite.com - not a huge deal but doesn't really look professional.

Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 11.03.08 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-01-26 at 11.03.44 AM.png

Message 5 of 14

This has been moved, open your dashboard, select Online, expand Communications and select "Email & Text Alerts"

Message 6 of 14

Hmm. This is where I have customized the Order Confirmation email. When I use the Send Test Email command, I receive an example of what I have set up. Unfortunately, when a customer actually makes a purchase, they receive the default Square confirmation, which says "My Site" and the default text, which is incorrect for my product. This is embarrassing, but I see no way to tell Square to use my customized email.

Message 7 of 14
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Seller Community, @12noon

Your customizations should be showing for a live order. Can you post a link to one of the items on your site so we can take a closer look? 

Message 8 of 14

Thank you for taking a look. One such item is sold at https://checkout.square.site/buy/ZU2M2JMZEFPTE5LHSKY3EP7K

Message 9 of 14

It appears that the reply-to is working ok, but the from still carries the default address.  More of an aesthetics issue to me now.

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 12.41.22 PM.png

Message 10 of 14

Thank you. Can you navigate to the Square Online dashboard, then click Communications > Email & Text Alerts, then click Edit Email Theme. I believe the sender profile will only work properly if you select a theme and save. 

Message 11 of 14

I had already selected the default theme, but I went and selected the "blue background" theme instead. Then I re-applied my changes to the Order Confirmation email. The test email is correct (as it was before). Unfortunately, it's the emails to the customer that do not reflect the theme or my edits. I have to wait for another order to come in to see if this has fixed anything. (It'd be very helpful if the test emails and the customer emails matched so that we had some confidence that our edits worked.) Thank you for your help.

Message 12 of 14

You're welcome! 😊 If you are still having an issue, please feel free to reach out to the support team directly. 

Message 13 of 14

I received another order, and the email still doesn't match what's in my configuration. I'll contact support as you suggested.

Message 14 of 14