x

INVOICE: Pay with Check option (and still email) ?

Currently, when I create an invoice to send via email, I can only choose payment options as Credit card or Gift card. 

We instruct clients in our note that "Checks are preferred, but credit cards are accepted" - trying to inspire checks and avoid the fees. 

So, I still want to email the invoice, but it would be nice to have a "Pay with check" check-box to flag it as an option. 

(I know that the "send manually" option is always there for check customers, but that forces a check, rather than gives the option. And, frankly, I almost always want to send the invoice via email, rather than have to download a pdf.)

It would just be nice to have that simple check box active so credit-card payment isn't the only thing seen. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @mattsteinruck,

Thanks for providing us with this feedback. While there is currently no "Pay with check" option on Square Invoices, I can see how this would be a handy feature if you're accepting a lot of checks and prefer them as payment!

It sounds like you're already doing what we'd suggest as the workaround - leaving a custom note letting your customers know you prefer checks, then marking the invoice paid once received.

While I can't say if this is a feature that would be implemented in the future, I'm happy to pass your feedback on to our product team for consideration.

All the best!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2