x

Is it possible to add a repeat button

Is it possible to add a repeat button

Hi there. Wondering if it is possible to add a repeat button to any one item that has already been 'sent' and ordered? For example I have a customer that order's a Grey Goose Martini with special instructions "light vermouth, blue cheese stuffed olives" .. It takes so much time to have to re-type every time, and not all instances re-occur frequently enough to warrant adding a 'modifier'. 

22 Comments
Square Community Moderator

@IslandHideaway This isn't an available feature within the Point of Sale app, but it's really great idea that I haven't seen requested by another seller before. 

Being able to repeat an order would save a lot of time for those customer orders. 

I'll be sure to pass this request over to our Product Team, and hopefully they can get something implemented in the near future for you. 

Great suggestion 👍🏼

Could this addition please be made a priorty. This should be a basic feature in any POS. Time is money, effiency and turn over rates are interconnected.

Alumni

@Killeanh9380CB thanks for your post. I'll make sure the team hears your vote for a repeat order button as well. I know saving time is so important, and this could be a big help. 

I own a busy bar and this would save so much time. Please add this feature to the Point of Sale!!

I, as well am in desparate need for the basic "repeat" feature.  I swear I have to be missing something, as I can't believe it isn't available on Square.  This would eliminate so many errors in ringing additional yet same items up on an open ticket, as well as a buch of time wasted repeating items with modifiers over and over again.  It's a huge pain!

Any update on this as we own a bar too and it is very much needed?

Admin

@CaponesDownt

We do have this option available in our Square Restaurants App, but it remains a Feature Request for the Square POS App.  

Beta Member

We own a full service restaurant and have regular customers that always order the same thing. We have created a category called “Regulars”.  We create an item under it, with default modifiers.  For example,  Staff clicks on “Drew Special” and the default modifiers are:  Biscuits and Gravy, Two Eggs Scrambled Hard, and a side of Hollandaise.  It then also charges the appropriate amount based on what it would be if each item were ordered separately. 

Can you specify what the special request would be? How much? Is it a simply check of the box? 

One of our locations in particular is desperate to have this be a function. Literally shopping for other POS systems because this alone would save so much time!