x

Is there a way to add Square payments to my website (site isn't through square)?

Is there a way to use Square Up to accept credit card payments on my website (similar to how PayPal does it by adding the HTML code to the page)?  My domain and website is under GoDaddy.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 24
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

@ellesmauikitche - Hello! While we don't currently offer an off the shelf integration with GoDaddy, I can definitely see how this would be a use feature! Alternatively, with the help of web developer, you would be able to leverage our Ecommerce API to collect payments online with your custom site. You can check out more details on our Developer Center.

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Square

Best Answer

@ellesmauikitche - Hello! While we don't currently offer an off the shelf integration with GoDaddy, I can definitely see how this would be a use feature! Alternatively, with the help of web developer, you would be able to leverage our Ecommerce API to collect payments online with your custom site. You can check out more details on our Developer Center.

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Message 2 of 24

I was wondering about the same thing.  I also use GoDaddy to host my website.  Sad I can't link my square acount to my website!

Message 3 of 24

I'm confused about this answer. ???  I just got off the phone with Square support and was told I could copy and past my Square store URL as a link on my website.  ??? So client click on the link and they leave my site but go to my Square store.   I haven't published the page yet but on the test preview it appears to work just fine.  I was also told I could copy/paste the URL in emails and that tested fine.  Can anyone clarify? 

Message 4 of 24

Me too. Sounds like you can do it but it's not simple and requires a developer.

Message 5 of 24
Square

@DogSmart @ellesmauikitche - You can certainly copy and paste the URL for your Square Online Store in your GoDaddy site, but ellesmauikitche already had a store set up through a different company. They just wanted to use Square as their check out, not for their actual store. Hope this helps! 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 6 of 24

Square,

Can you request that GoDaddy offer the Square Up logo as well as the PayPal logo for selling? Thank you. Seems like Square would want their logo there. Just saying...

Message 7 of 24
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Sparkle5 - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋😊

I'm happy to help but will need some more detail in order to better understand your question.

Whenever you have a moment, please reply to this post with a little more information describing your question. I’ll be sure to follow up as soon as possible!

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 24

Hello Alanah. I am not an IT person but had an IT professional assisting me. I wanted to add a "Pay Now" button to my GoDaddy website. We were in the process of doing this but when it came time to show the payment icon, the only offering was PayPal's logo. I use Square for all my business needs and don't want to confuse my customers by showing PayPal logo when I use Square. I have been trying to communicate and ask Square if this might not be a good opportunity to gain more brand recognition. I hope this helps describe my situation. Andrea

Message 9 of 24

Thanks for providing more insight @Sparkle5. I am actually going to step in for Alanah while she is off. 

Square does offer the "Buy Now" button that you can add to your website:

To manage settings for your buy buttons built with Square Online Checkout:

In your online Square Dashboard, go to Online Checkout. In the right hand corner you should see "Add Button to Website."

I am hoping this is what you are looking for, or helpful ! If not please let me know. 

Message 10 of 24

Hi MAYAP - 

I think I'm in the right area for this question even though I don't see any current activity.  

My question is regarding my Go Daddy Website, and wanting to integrate my Square "online and in-person" shopping experience rather than using GD for online shopping and square for in person shopping.  

Is there and API or HTML code to for square that I can use to integrate with GD?  I want to discontinue my "Marketing and eCommerce with GD, but I want to make sure I don't break anything along the way.  Thank you.

Message 11 of 24

Hey there @Purple777 I am happy to help! To clarify you want to integrate Square with the Godaddy site or use us for in-person payments? 

Message 12 of 24

No - I already have that in place.   I want to have my online store integrated with my Go Daddy website.  In essence, Square would be my online store.  

Message 13 of 24

Hello, @Purple777 👋 Violet here, following up for @MayaP. It looks like you still need help with this, so I kept the ball rolling on your inquiry.

If you want to integrate Square Online with your existing GoDaddy site, you follow the steps listed in this Support Article.

I hope this information is helpful and hits the mark but please do let me know if you have any additional questions 🙂

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 14 of 24

I too use go daddy and want to accept payments through my square account, do I need to essentially use one of the 3rd party apps to actually link the square POS directly to my website?  I don't want my customers re=directed to my square store I want them to shop, purchase and check out on my site but have payment processed through my square account...

Message 15 of 24

I would like to know this too.  I want my customers to shop on my site and just check out using Square.

Message 16 of 24
Admin

Thanks for your post @barberdenise! 

You're right, in order to accept payments with Square you will need to use one of our eCommerce apps. Unfortunately, we don't integrate with GoDaddy at this time and if that changes in future we'll update this thread. It looks like you're not the only seller is interested in this! 

@cherylk If you haven't already, I recommend checking out this post: How to connect Square to your eCommerce Partner site. There is also information about Square's e-Commerce API​​​​​​​ on our Support Center. 😀

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 17 of 24

In response to: Unfortunately, we don't integrate with GoDaddy at this time and if that changes in future we'll update this thread.

It looks like you're not the only seller is interested in this! 

Square is missing out on some income, not being able to support GoDaddy Websites!  

I went all the way thru the set up process only to find out that I couldn't link Square to our non-profit to collect donations. 

Updating this thread wont alert me to whatever you do to change this, because now I have to go look for a different app to help us. And I probably won't be coming back.  

Message 18 of 24

Square is definitely missing out on some revenue! I really want to stop using PayPal to take payments on my website so I have all sales processed through my Square account. Please send GoDaddy some roses and chocolate or something so you can make the integration happen!

Message 19 of 24

Try this out this is the only way i have found that works hopefully this is what everyone is looking for  

http://www.jotform.com/square

I use this on my wix website as a html snipplet that i embed on my website, i am sure it will work the same way on all website builders that have a html code snipplet that you can enter and embed.

there is a free starter version and also a paid version which you can choose from both work fine.

Message 20 of 24

Yes, Jotform will work. I set it up for another organization. I just want something more seamless on my own website.

Message 21 of 24