x
Beta Member

Messenger app

I'm not sure if this is the correct group to ask this question so please advise if not. 

On the messenger feature, is there a way to personalize the initial text that goes out? I sent a text to myself and I was totally confused as to who was sending me the message.  It would be nice to either not have that message or personalize it. 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Admin

Hey @ENS!

Are you referring to direct messaging with customers? Or something else? I want to make sure I give you the correct information.

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 15
Beta Member

The square messenger 

Message 3 of 15
Admin

Then yes, @ENS, you can edit the information when sending a direct message to a customer from the Online Dashboard. 

To send a Direct Message to a customer from your Square Dashboard:

1. Sign in to the Directory tab of your online Square Dashboard.
  2. Select the customer you’d like to message.
  3. Click the three-dotted icon at the bottom of the profile > Send Message.
  4. Compose your message in the dialog box in fewer than 500 characters > click Send Message.

I hope this helps! Let me know if not 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 4 of 15
Beta Member

I'm in the beta group for the square texting feature. There is no option 

Message 5 of 15
Alumni

Hey @ENS!! Thanks for posting 🙂

You're looking for the beta board. Park your questions on this thread and mention SQPhil, the beta manager for Messenger. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 15
Beta Member

Thank you. It gets confusing. 

Message 7 of 15
Alumni

No worries! 

Justin
Message 8 of 15
Super Seller

@SQPhil I'm having a difficult time locating instructions on how to send coupons to customers with feedback now that Square Messenger is active on my account. The instructions offered at the following link are no longer relevant. Thanks!

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5427-send-coupons-with-feedback

MOGO Korean Fusion Tacos
eatmogo.com
IG: @eatmogo
Asbury Park Food Collective
asburyparkfood.co
IG: @asburyparkfood
Message 9 of 15
Super Seller

Hey @SQPhil @JustinC @isabelle, just following up on this inquiry. Please let me know if you need any more information from me. Thanks!

MOGO Korean Fusion Tacos
eatmogo.com
asburyparkfood.co
Message 10 of 15
Square Community Moderator

@porktaco touching base for the others real fast - are you also in the beta group?

AshleyK
Message 11 of 15
Super Seller

@AshleyK yes I am... or was. I thought the Beta was closed? The “Send Coupons with Feedback” feature was valuable for us. If it’s possible to revert back, it would be greatly appreciated.

MOGO Korean Fusion Tacos
eatmogo.com
asburyparkfood.co
Message 12 of 15
Square Community Moderator

I'm going to tag @kellyj in this to have her take a closer look! Thanks @porktaco for surfacing this again. 🙂

AshleyK
Message 13 of 15
Admin

@porktaco 

Thanks for messaging in about this. I'd be happy to get you taken off the beta if need be, but there are a few things to address.

When we remove someone from Messaging beta, you'll be forced back into this feature when we move to the new experience in January.  We're looking at couponing and how to best use this feature, but it does pose a problem with messaging as it can be used as a "marketing" feature, which is not considered okay with communication providers.

That said, between when we take you out of the beta, and you are put back into the new experience when we launch, there is a large likeliness you'll lose any messages sent between now and then.

I am looking at different ways we may best be able to help you with couponing that you send via feedback. Can you tell me more about your use case for this in messages and I'll take that to the product team so we can see what is the next best step.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 14 of 15
Super Seller

@kellyj 

I completely understand the situation and agree there is no need to remove me from the beta if only for a month...and risk the complications.

Regarding our use application, we were using the Coupon <> Feedback feature to engage with our guests. Our system includes weekly monitoring of and responding to all-digital feedback received over the period. For positive feedback, we use the opportunity to thank the customer for taking the time to evaluate us as well as research their purchasing history to offer a small value-oriented coupon as an invitation to dine with us again and try something new. For negative feedback, we use the coupon feature to extend a gesture of goodwill in an attempt to win back their trust with a risk-free second chance. We've found this simple, organic, and easily managed initiative to be an economical and effective way to gain meaningful insight into the day-to-day operations of the business as well as intentionally engage with our guests in a meaningful way. The Coupon <> Feedback feature was a simple way for us to bring a smile to a guest's face or rewrite the ending to a story.

MOGO Korean Fusion Tacos
eatmogo.com
asburyparkfood.co
Message 15 of 15