x

PLEASE add item type to deposit report!

It would be extremely helpful if an extra column could be added to the deposit report showing the item type for each transaction. Due to the way I do my bookkeeping, I need this information on this report. This seems to be a fairly straightforward feature request - can this please be implemented?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

out of curiosity, What exactly are you asking for when you said an item type for each transaction to the deposit report?  Like what was sold for that deposit?  what if there are lots of items sold in a day and there are many item types for the deposit?  just curious as to what exactly you are looking for?

Message 2 of 5

Hey, thanks for the quick reply.

When I'm looking at an individual deposit in Square, and I expand it to see the transactions that make up the deposit, each transaction has a list of the item types that make up that transaction (see the screenshot I'm attaching). In my case, they say things like "Refund of Treatment Fee", "Product", "Treatment Fee, Treatment Fee.." etc. This is the column I need in the deposit report.Capture.PNG

Message 3 of 5

@smd212 if we were playing Hot and Cold you'd be on fire. 

When you expand the deposit to look at the transactions you'll want to click on Export Transactions in the top right. This will give you a CSV file with detailed accounts of every transaction in that deposit. The report will have 37 columns, one of which includes the product description. 🙂

Message 4 of 5

Hi Chad,

Yes, but I need all the breakdowns of all the deposits in a given date range in ONE report. Not one report for every deposit breakdown. Does that make sense?

*EDIT: I think I found what I need on the transactions report. It looks like the deposit ID is being stored there now.

Message 5 of 5