x
Beta Member

Packages for service industry

Good morning!   I would like to first and foremost point out that I am REALLY enjoying my website and such from Square.   This has not only saved me money on my expenses end, but has allowed me to integrate everything I need into one site.   It's also nice because as I evolve my business, Square will be able to evolve with it (I am planning on adding retail within the next 12-16 months).

However, to my question.   I am a Licensed Massage Therapist, and Packages are HUGE for our industry.   It allows us to offer a discount (if we choose to do so), but also allows our clients to purchase several sessions at one time.   Is this in the pipeline as of yet?   I know there is a huge demand for this added to the system, but wasn't sure where it was in development?

Also, while I am on the wish list subject, is there a way to create a E-Gift Card for a service?  Say a client wishes to purchase a family member a session, they can purchase the session and not a dollar amount (I think I'm explaining it correctly).   This is by far not as important as the packages, but hey, can't blame a guy for asking.   🙂

Thank you all for everything you do!

Sincerely,

Michael D. Fochtman, LMT

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

HI, it is so refreshing to see a post being positive about Square.  I enjoy the simple and easy platform and I only use the Online Store.  

I am not familiar with Square Appointments but would Allow To Book Multiple Services work?  In example below it shows how it applies to a Salon.

Square Support page

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5349-schedule-and-accept-appointments

Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 10.23.47 AM.png

Regarding egift cards, I believe because its a general service that anyone can add to their website, Square keeps it generalized to basic amounts and not specific to any services.  I have seen a few Community Discussions requesting this feature though.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 5
Admin

Hey @mdf92380! So happy to hear that you're enjoying our services. We're happy when you're happy. 😁

@Goldneye is correct about tying eGift cards to services. Not possible at this point, but happy to pass along the feedback to our Product Team!

Also- definitely hear you on the package request. We're continuing to track that feature request here. Feel free to check back in on it every now and then to see if there's any new info or developments we've shared. Helen does share a workaround, though. Hopefully it helps!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 3 of 5
Beta Member

Thanks for the help @nika !!!   I'll check out the suggestion for sure!

Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

Thank you for your comment @Goldneye !!!   Unfortunately the suggestion for multiple items is for only one appointment.   I am asking for the ability to sell multiple appointments at once.   

The gift card thing makes total sense.  I was just being greedy....LOL!    Hope all is well!

Message 5 of 5