x

Scheduled Pick ups

So currently you can set scheduled pick ups on the online store.  However, being a food truck we are not always at the same location.  I like to let people pick a time that they want the order ready, however, I only want to be able to do that on a specific date.  

lets say I am open Friday 8/28 from 5-8  Right now, it lets you schedule for Any friday in the future between 5-8.  I just want to take orders for the 28th for example.

Is there a work around?  Will this be addressed?

thanks

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Twoboysdad and thanks for posting! I can see how important it would be to have a feature like this for your business as well as a lot of other business owners. I will certainly share this feedback with our development team, but for now, will tag a few of our other sellers to see if they have workarounds to offer up. 

@pesso @VanKalkerFarms and @lacherieseattle

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 10
Beta Member

Has this feature been developed yet?  We run into this all the time, and it's especially difficult when there's a holiday. 

For example, we created a Valentine's Day brunch item, and only wanted people to be able to pick it up on 2/13 (the night before).  We put "this is only available for pickup on 2/13" in the item description, but inevitably, a couple customers order it for the wrong date and get upset because they didn't read the text.

Message 3 of 10
Beta Member

Hoping that if I start this thread we can get Square to add a useful feature to the online store.  Our business (brewery) does a lot of pre-sales.  It would be most beneficial if we could set a specific date that the item will be ready for pick-up.   For instance, if I do a pre-sale today for a special release that will be available for pick-up on Friday, Feb. 27th, it would be nice to have an option to set that date.  Currently, the generic timeframe is confusing to the customer and inconvenient to the retailer.  Thanks in advance for anyone that can help point this in the right direction.  

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 10
Beta Member

I would also like a reminder or an email to be able to be sent that you have an upcoming order one to two day ahead of delivery.  Also be able to sync it on the appointment calendar.

Message 5 of 10
Square Community Moderator

We appreciate you adding your vote to this feature request, @ehflower. I can definitely see how useful it would be to have the ability to send out reminders for upcoming orders - we'll keep you updated on any developments via this thread! 

Message 6 of 10

It would be helpful if you could put in a custom date for the Fulfillment Pickup and Delivery Prep Time. So, instead of saying it will take 1 week to complete, it would be helpful if you could enter the actual date it would be available for delivery. Meaning, we intend to offer a cut off date of Sunday and delivery the following Sunday. If I could enter the actual delivery date that would avoid any confusion for our customers. I'm not sure how to set up our site to accommodate this currently. If anyone is already doing this please let me know how you have it set up. THanks!

Message 7 of 10

I was hoping to find a work around or a new feature - but same problem here.  We host a lot of preorder, drive through pick up dinners, pie sales, etc. - a specific date and time is advertised for when items can be picked up but there is no way to do this on square.  I tried listing food items as service or physical item and I still can't find a way.  I have been customizing our receipts to say to disregard any pickup information given and adhere to the pick up date advertised on our website, etc. 

Message 8 of 10

I forgot - I don't want the customer to have to choose a date - if there is only one choice because our older folks get confused as to why they have to designate a date and time they already know. 

Message 9 of 10

I've had this same issue for a couple years now. I have a bakery and we have holiday preorders that need to be picked up on a certain date and time window. The only way I have found to work around until they are able to offer this feature is to make every item a 'service' so they can't choose their date, and then make a modifier for them to choose a date/time. (Most of the time there are 2 days/times to choose.) Hope this helps someone until there is a fix!

Message 10 of 10