x

Square Client Dispute / Help

Hey everyone, 

i'm fairly new business owner and need advice in regards to a recent client dispute. I am a graphic designer so I provide various digital and print services. My most recent client was for a web development service and we were down to the final week of completion for her website launch where I process the transfer of web ownership to the client once contract of completion is signed. She was informed she needed to sign it before I forwarded her final site, she refused to sign. Which I now know is because she had already filed a square dispute to receive her money back. She wanted me to forward her the completed site and have me stuck with no payment. However, now I am stuck with a -$400 chargeback on my account. The website was completely to her liking she messaged me how much she loved it

I DID NOTHING WRONG 

What Can I Do ?

FAQ:

My policies clearly state purchases are non refundable 

Emphasis on non refundable deposits 

She agreed to the terms and conditions when clicking submit for her payment 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @FeliciteaDig. So sorry to hear about your dispute. Having a dispute leveled against your business can feel daunting, but we want you to know that we are in your corner throughout the resolution process. We will do everything we can to ensure the dispute is resolved in your favor and the process is as seamless as can be.

There are a couple resources I would point you to as best practice in dispute resolution. Firstly, I would recommend reaching out to our Support Team for Disputes, who can walk you through each step of the resolution process individually to make sure you are best prepared. I would highly recommend using them as a resource - they are fully trained and equipped to help sellers just like you. 

Secondly, before a verdict has been made, the Merchant has the ability to challenge the dispute. If you choose to challenge a dispute, our Team may request supporting documentation that would back your position. 

Both of these resources as a good starting point to ending your dispute in hopes for a positive outcome. Keep in mind that each dispute is unique, which makes the resolution process in turn, unique. It's also helpful to remember that Square does not have any authority when it comes to deciding a resolution on a dispute. That action is totally and completely up to the customers card issuing bank - so the more documentation and proof we provide, the more likely we receive a positive outcome.

I hope this information is helpful! Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions. We are here to help! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Can you help me with my invoice numbers that I pay because company says I did not pay

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Ana4! Thanks for reaching out here on the Seller Community.

When you have a moment, would you mind clarifying your post with a bit more detail? I'm not sure I fully understand. Keep in mind, the Seller Community is a public platform - therefore, we won't be able to discuss account specifics here.

Our Support Team is standing by to assist if you need! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4