x

Square does not fully integrate with Wix

The fact that Square does not interface with Wix is unacceptable. I was lead to believe that it was by a Square representative when purchasing the POS system that Square would interace with Wix. So I set up my entire online store with Wix (460 products and counting). 

We launched the online store and noticed that just the funds and orders were coming in through Wix but inventory was not adjusting our Square inventory. Every day we have to manually delete inventory from our Square account for each Wix Sale as Square does not fully intergrate with Wix. Please advise when Square will be updating this feature. 

I feel totally duped.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Admin

Hey @lulu90803. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Really sorry you feel misled.

Although we do integrate with Wix, the one thing it does not integrate with is our Square Items/Inventory. This is definitely something that we can bring to the attention of our developers and see if they're able to work with the Wix team to come up with a solution. Right now we don't have a timeline for when this feature will become available.

Apologies again that this wasn't made clear when getting signed up. 😔

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 18

@ Nika I was told when I called to report this back in October that the developers would have this straightened out by January. 

I called and Janauary and was told that there is no timeline.

Message 3 of 18

This error is what will hold me from bringing square into my brick and mortar location as well

Message 4 of 18

I will be selling items through Wix, which is connected with Square. However, Square "does not integrate with Square items or inventory." So, this basically means Square is only used to process the sale?

After an online Wix sale, how do I make adjustments in Square to ensure my sales, COG report (including assigning it to a sold product), & inventory count is appearing correctly?

How does selling through Wix impact my reports, including monthly sales summaries, COG, item sales, etc?

I really need an immediate answer because I need to get my website sales up due to COVID19

Message 5 of 18
Alumni

@GLG - Although we integrate with Wix, inventory is not tracked and comes through Square's system as uncategorized with each sale.  It's best if you reach out to Wix to see what kind of inventory reports are available to you. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 18

I know it does not integrate. But now I am showing sales as "custom amounts" & I have no way of connecting those sales to an item so that I can track inventory & COGs. How do you suggest I do this? Square's job is to keep tracking of sales, COGS, inventory, etc. That is what I pay both a monthly fee & transaction fees for. It is not acceptable that I can sell through WIX but Square offers no way for me to reconcile those sales, especially when I pay for those transactions. I need a workaround so please give me one.

There is no way someone at Square didn't think it through before agreeing to partner with WIX. Unless Square only cares about making fees & not about their clients' needs.

Message 7 of 18

I also just noticed I can't separate my sales income from the amount I charged people for taxes. I'm pretty sure reporting your taxes as income is illegal. And if I pull out the amount that should be taxes & pay it, now I'm showing income that doesn't exist & will be taxed by the feds on that profit, which wasn't even profit.

Seriously, no one thought this through? How do I fix this because it's beyond unacceptable that you are combining my sales income & taxes. Utterly unacceptable.

Message 8 of 18

No one is going to address the largest issue that taxes are being reported by Square as income? What am I supposed to do about that?

When I run a tax report, it is telling me I owe less than I actually do. Going off of that, I will pay less than I owe. In fact, I will pay nothing on any of the sales I made on Wix. I will pocket that tax, which is illegal. But, if I run a sales report, it says I made $X in revenue, & I use that number to calculate how much tax I owe, I will end up paying more than I actually owe. That "revenue" INCLUDES sales tax already paid by the customer. I ultimately end up overpaying out of my own pocket.

And, as I already said, my statement from Square that I give to the IRS when filing Federal taxes, will show I made MORE revenue than I actually did, because that "revenue" includes tax. They will see that number is a lot higher than what I am actually reporting, which will be a red flag to audit me. 

I'd like to point out: "If you don't keep appropriate records, neglect to report income or claim unearned deductions, it could land you with penalties, interest payments and even a court date."

What is your solution, Square? You have to have one because I honestly do not believe that NO ONE that it through or that NO ONE else has ever had this same concern or complaint. Inventory is one thing, taxes & illegal ramifications are another.

Message 9 of 18

Once again, no response from Square because they don't have a good answer or solution to the fact that they are REPORTING TAXES AS REVENUE.

Message 10 of 18

This is an issue we are dealing with as well. We desperately need the inventory to be updated in real time between Wix & our Square POS. We will be reopening our brick & mortar soon after being closed during quarantine and during that time built our webstore. Inventory tracking between the two is such an important aspect. Please push this higher up the priority list because for small businesses it is very chaotic to be realizing this is not an option. I really don't want to rebuild the website. 

Two things we are requesting:

Square inventory integration with Wix & having incoming orders be classified into their respective category/items which are already designated in our square POS. 

Help small biz!

Message 11 of 18

Any chance there a workaround? Another company that is able to provide the link between the two?? Not ideal - Square or Wix please get with it, pretty please and thank you

Message 12 of 18
Super Seller

Ecwid will sync with your square inventory (their premium + plan). You can install the Ecwid store app on your Wix site, and link it to your Square account.

To get the details for each transaction, use your Transaction Reports. Top right of page, Export > Item Detail CSV.

Message 13 of 18
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for stepping in with the assist @LocavoreStore!

Long time no see. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Message 14 of 18
Super Seller

I try and poke around from time to time to catch up on new things, and see if I can't help out. Seems like the last few years have just been 1 thing after another for me. Mostly good, some not-so-good... Both equally as consuming!

Message 15 of 18

I can't seem to find Ecwid in the Wix app market. Can you provide more details? Am I missing something?

Message 16 of 18
Square Community Moderator

Hey @lijb_tx are you looking for the Ecwid integration in your WIX account or your Square app marketplace? 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 17 of 18

I think this is the fourth time I am following up on my comment regarding taxes. I have yet to get a response. Does no one else have a problem with Wix deposits to Square counting taxes as revenue? My sales report says I made more than I actually did & my tax report says I owe less than I actually do. I have to perform a number of manual calculations to determine what my actual revenue was & what I actually owe for taxes.This is very time consuming & difficult. It is basically impossible when collecting tax from multiple jurisdictions with different tax rates & then getting one large deposit. If I do the calculations incorrectly, which I am likely to do because I'm awful with numbers, I will underreport, which is illegal, or I will overreport, which will eat into my profit.

Even worse, it will make the IRS think my business made more money than I am reporting. This is seriously an extremely, majorly, huge problem.

It is illegal to collect sales tax & keep it as revenue. I feel Square/Wix are promoting this behavior because they are not just engaging in it, but they are not providing the tools necessary to make it easy for business owners to correct it. It makes me want to throw my hands up & say, "Screw it. I'll pretend all sales were out of state at a 0% tax rate," & keep the tax. I know I'm not the only one.

The grouped deposit also makes running any report on Square (sales, COG, profit margin, tax, etc.) completely worthless.

I cannot understand how no one thought this through or fixed the issue.

At the very least, Wix should make TWO deposits. One that is just revenue & another that is just taxes. At least I could easily subtract or add these numbers without difficult reverse calculations, especially, again, when there are different tax rates. Business owners should also be able to edit the deposit to separate revenue & taxes so our sales reports are accurate.

This, as well as the inventory count, needs to be addressed ASAP. 

Message 18 of 18