x

Square online's dashboard is so slow!

Square online's dashboard is so slow! It even rolls back while I'm typing something in the input. My broswer(Chrome) is up to date, my internet speed itself is just fine, and the website's loading speed is alright too. Just the backend is being super slow. Is this because I'm on the free plan? If I switch to the paid plan, does it improve? It's very frustrating. 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Super Seller

I'm not sure.  Things seem pretty fin on my end using the dashboard.  about the only time it seems kinda slow is when going thru the item sales, but it is searching 1,000s of transactions.

Message 2 of 18

I too am having issues with it being

slow when cashier presses button it takes 20 seconds for it to do anything

Message 3 of 18

I have been seeing slow response times, or the browser timing out on the Square Page, usually when we are trying to update items

Message 4 of 18

Super slow here too, I'm about to switch to a different service. So frustrating when customers have to wait!

Message 5 of 18
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Community, @Tamiew

Sorry to hear your frustrations with the Dashboard. 

What internet browser are you using? I would recommend clearing your cache too. That will usually speed it up. 

Let me know if that doesn't do the trick & I can circle back. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 18

Dashboard is still being super slow. Clearing cache does not do a trick. 
Every time I update stock amount for one variant, it loads every time. If the dashboard loads fast, this does not annoy me so much, but with this slow loading speed, this is absolutely frustrating. Give us an ability to update all stock amount without having to load every time.

Message 7 of 18

• Trying to create a marketing email. VERY slow and then I get Error Bad Gateway. Have tried opening in safari and chrome. Can’t see images of my old marketing emails. Have signed in and out. This is ridiculous 
Message 8 of 18

I'm having the same problem.  Very frustrating because customers are waiting.

Message 9 of 18

I am also having this problem today (4/9/22) and we're not even live yet.  I'm just adding/updating items and adding pictures, but I'm constantly getting the "Something went wrong" message.  My browser is up to date and my internet connection is great.  

Message 10 of 18

Hello @lodonnell

Welcome to our Seller Community! 😃

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your Square Online Dashboard. We suggest you check for any browser updates on your computer, this can slow down the Dashboard. You can also try opening the Dashboard in an incognito browser. Hope these suggestions work for you. 

Keep us posted. Have a good day! 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 11 of 18

I’m seeing very slow online dashboard for several days and I’m getting complaints from customers about the website being slow. I checked the website myself on several browsers and different devices. The computer and iPad are very slow to load. iPhone was a little faster but still very frustrating. Is someone looking into this? Frustrated customers don’t buy.

Message 12 of 18

Super, super slow opening my shop page. Takes 1 minute.

Jenny
Message 13 of 18
Beta Member

I am having the same issue. Updating an item is barely functional. Takes 10 seconds between every scroll. Was fine before the latest update to dashboard 

Message 14 of 18

Hi @Lou847,

Thanks for reaching out!  Sorry to hear you are having some issues with our dashboard. Have you tried some of these troubleshooting steps:

Make sure that your browser is up to date. Here are instructions for how to do so for our supported desktop browsers: Chrome, Firefox and Safari.

Clear the cache on your browser. Instructions for clearing your cache will vary depending on your browser. Accessing the Help menu on your browser should allow you to locate step-by-step instructions.

Switch to a different browser: Chrome, Safari, Edge or Firefox. Double check that you are running the most up to date version of these browsers.

You also have to make sure cookies are enabled too. Click here for more information. 

Please let us know if you continue to have issues. 

Message 15 of 18

I am having the same issue, but not for my online sales dashboard but for my general or POS dashboard.  It is painfully slow.

Message 16 of 18

Hi @CCMaclean,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue as well! 

If you have tried the troubleshooting steps that I posted above. Those are general troubleshooting steps for the browse whether Square Online or Dashboard.

If it continues please go ahead and reach out to CS Support. They can investigate and file a ticket if needed. Please contact support at 1-855-700-6000 squ.re/contactsqsupport

Message 17 of 18
Beta Member

I too am having painfully slow online dashboard responses. I’m tired of hearing about troubleshooting tips - my Safari is up to date, cookies are enabled, caches get cleared. It is definitely linked to Square updates - EVERY SINGLE update has resulted in a slower dashboard. Now I often get gateway errors when re-signing in to my account. This is a critical issue for me because I am managing our physical store from a distance. Now I have to make 3 clicks to get to transfer deposits when it used to be 1 click (when I’m reconciling our accounting weekly). Things have become buried and still no REAL functionality improvement where it counts, like being able to create sub-modifiers. Now we have to see LONG lists of un-used modifiers for an item, that scrolls super-SLOWLY to finally reach the “enabled” modifier. The system is de-proving rather than improving. Guess my frustration is showing. Having to do some major clean-up of modifiers and it is literally driving me insane due to slow response time and difficulty with how the modifiers were implemented by Square. 

Marjorie

Message 18 of 18