x

Text messages for Online Store order notifications

It would be best for my business to have text messages notifications for my online orders. The other soultions that were discussed in other threads will not work for me. Could you please let me know if this feature could be added?

Message 1 of 53
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hello, everyone!!

You can give your customers the option to receive text message notifications once you’ve received their order from your Square Online site, as well as once the order is ready for pickup.

To allow customers to opt in to receiving order status updates via text message, please follow the directions below:

1. Go to your Square Online Overview page > Settings > Checkout.
  2. Scroll down to Advanced settings > Edit.
  3. Check the Allow customer to receive text message alerts box.
  4. Select Save when finished.

Once the order is ready for pickup, the customer can respond with Here to the text message alert, letting you know they are present to pick up their order (instead of giving you a phone call). You will see that the customer has arrived through a notification on your POS with the order information displayed. The order can then be brought out to the customer, and be marked as completed.

To enable POS notifications to alert you a customer has arrived for their pickup order, please follow the directions below:

1. Go to your Square Online Overview page > Settings > Pickup & Delivery.
  2. Select Advanced Settings, and toggle the Enable on-POS arrival alerts setting on.
  3. Select Save when finished.
AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Tags (1)
Message 32 of 53
52 REPLIES 52

I'm lost.  It sounds like even with the current version of Weebly and a square store and Weebly account with the same email address, I am still having an issue.  To top it off I can't even send SMS messages to friends/potential customers if it contains ".square.site" in the message.  It seems to strange that these features aren't working. 

Message 22 of 53

Bummer, sounds like they need to work more on their integrations between Weebly and Square. Not sure if it is worth their time and my guess is that those of us who have Weebly will eventually need to move 100% to Square with our Website service.  Good luck!

Message 23 of 53

Just to add my voice, I find the inability to edit text messages wildly inconvenient as well. I would prefer to turn them off completely and only communicate via email than to have inaccurate text messages sent on my behalf.

Message 24 of 53
Alumni

Hi @SissyCooksItUp,

We definitely appreciate the feedback. Thank you. We will be sure to let you know if anything ever changes or if new updates are released. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 25 of 53
Beta Member

You can customize messages on our app - Notify Customers - https://squareup.com/us/en/app-marketplace/app/notify-customers 

Message me if you have any questions - josh@misllc.com

Message 26 of 53
Super Seller Alumni

@Issac @BREWERDUDE 

While you still can’t get a text message when you have a new Incoming online order, if you download the Weebly App on your phone, you can get a push notification anytime an order comes in. Pretty close and comes in very handy!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 27 of 53

I will try it!  Thanks a tun for the response.

Message 28 of 53

BUMP! (agreed)

Message 29 of 53

We currently use square POS on on our Foodtruck & Square register at our resturaunt- which we moved to takeout only at an outside order window. Is there a way to notify customers via text that their order is ready at the pick up window so that they can sit & wait for their order in their car? As the weather gets worse and to keep a crowd from building

Message 30 of 53

Hi @AngyG I've merged your post with an existing thread. This feature is now available if you please follow the instructions in my best answer. Thank you!

AshleyK
Message 31 of 53

Best Answer

Hello, everyone!!

You can give your customers the option to receive text message notifications once you’ve received their order from your Square Online site, as well as once the order is ready for pickup.

To allow customers to opt in to receiving order status updates via text message, please follow the directions below:

1. Go to your Square Online Overview page > Settings > Checkout.
  2. Scroll down to Advanced settings > Edit.
  3. Check the Allow customer to receive text message alerts box.
  4. Select Save when finished.

Once the order is ready for pickup, the customer can respond with Here to the text message alert, letting you know they are present to pick up their order (instead of giving you a phone call). You will see that the customer has arrived through a notification on your POS with the order information displayed. The order can then be brought out to the customer, and be marked as completed.

To enable POS notifications to alert you a customer has arrived for their pickup order, please follow the directions below:

1. Go to your Square Online Overview page > Settings > Pickup & Delivery.
  2. Select Advanced Settings, and toggle the Enable on-POS arrival alerts setting on.
  3. Select Save when finished.
AshleyK
Tags (1)
Message 32 of 53

Hi,  We have the same need as the another person posted:

"We currently use square POS on on our Foodtruck & Square register at our resturaunt- which we moved to takeout only at an outside order window. Is there a way to notify customers via text that their order is ready at the pick up window so that they can sit & wait for their order in their car? As the weather gets worse and to keep a crowd from building"

We cannot find the setting for: 

1. Check the Allow customer to receive text message alerts box.

Can you help?

Thank you!

Message 33 of 53
Beta Member

Hi there, I built Notify Customers for this very scenario - https://notifycustomers.net/squareup/ Let me know if you have any questions or feedback. Thanks. Josh Sullivan

Message 34 of 53

@joshlsullivan - While we don't currently have exactly what you are looking for, SQUARE MESSAGES may be of interest to you. Also, here you can see @isabelle best answer to other sellers who asked the same question. 

Hope this helps! 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 35 of 53
Beta Member

@sayra I've already built a solution that is listed on the Square Marketplace for this very scenario. 

Message 36 of 53

Perfect! Thank you @hatchkitchen.

@joshlsullivan- You can head to our Square App Marketplace to find the text integration. 

Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Message 37 of 53

When will I be able to customize the confirmation text sent. 

Message 38 of 53
Beta Member

You can customize the text on Notify Customers - https://notifycustomers.net/squareup/ 

Message 39 of 53

This isn’t through square. Why would I want to use two different platforms… no thanks. 

Message 40 of 53
Beta Member

We're completely integrated. 

Message 41 of 53
Beta Member

I love this option of letting my clients know their order is ready, but I can't seem to find where I can edit the text they receive. Is that an option? 

Message 42 of 53