x

Timecard - Feature Request

A feature I would like would be to allow us to set up rounding rules to clocking in and out. Federal law allows timecard record keeping around the 7 minute rule. If an employee clocks in 7 minutes early or late (on the hour, 15 minutes, half hour, etc.) the punch is rounded. For example if a clock in is from 7:53AM - 8:07AM the punch recorded is actually 8:00AM. If 8:08AM - 8:22AM, punch recorded is actually 8:15AM, etc.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

the ability to specify the starting time of the shift in the dashboard and have the register adjust the clock in time to that time when employees try to clock in too early or at least block employees before the actual shift starts

Message 2 of 5
Square Community Moderator

That would definitely be helpful if added to the Time Card Management feature. 

At this time there isn't a way to automatically adjust timecards for employees who clocked in too late or too early, but I'll pass this over to our Product Team and hopefully they can get it implemented in the future. 

For the time being, the only way to edit timecards would be through the Square Dashboard. 

Message 3 of 5

This would be a HUGE help!! At this time, every pay period I am manually adjusting the times to the 1/4 hour, which is a pain and time consuming.  I was very surprised that square didn't already have this feature.  Hopefully it will come soon! Thank you!

Message 4 of 5

I'm actually looking into an app that I think will do this and integrate with my Payroll. If you're interested to know, you can email me, [Personal Information Redacted]

Message 5 of 5