x

Tracking Attendance

I need to be able to track attendance for my martial arts dojo through Square.  How can I do that?

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

I work at a Zoo, so obviously tracking attendance is important for us.

All of our paid attendance is rung up under a category called 'Admissions.'

I've also created items under the 'Admissions' categories for various types of admission where folks don't pay to visit.  For example, when Zoo members visit, we have a "Member Adult" and "Member Child" button.  Those buttons don't charge any money, since they're set to $0.00...but at the end of the day, I know that the total number of items sold under the 'Admissions' category reflects my attendance for the day.

Hope this helps.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

I work at a Zoo, so obviously tracking attendance is important for us.

All of our paid attendance is rung up under a category called 'Admissions.'

I've also created items under the 'Admissions' categories for various types of admission where folks don't pay to visit.  For example, when Zoo members visit, we have a "Member Adult" and "Member Child" button.  Those buttons don't charge any money, since they're set to $0.00...but at the end of the day, I know that the total number of items sold under the 'Admissions' category reflects my attendance for the day.

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 5

I am wondering if it’s possible to keep track of “tickets” purchased by customers if that makes sense.

for example, if we offer yoga classes at $17 individually, but $30 to purchase and attend any two at any time, is there a way to keep track of when they attend one of their two classes? Or when they use them both up?

I am new to Square and have not explored its features or how to use it yet.  I’m still looking to see if this will work for our purposes.  Thank you!!

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hey @MissToula thanks for posting. This is a feature request that we are tracking, but I think we have a couple of workarounds that you may be able to use. 

For the first, I have merged your post with an existing thread that I think will help as far as tracking attendance that @jjgard beautifully suggested. Tracking your sales with a $0 item will be helpful, but it won't be useful if you need to know when someone comes in without buying anything. 

The other suggestion would be very similar to the one above - creating another item called "2nd yoga class," at $0 and ringing customers up with that when they come in. This will be a good way to track the return of these clients, but again, you will need them to come to the register to track their attendance in the classes.

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5

I stopped Karate when my wife was diagnosed with Cancer and passed in 2018 and then the COVID-19 restrictions happened. I am wondering how to get going again using the Square for attendance and online payments?

Message 5 of 5