x
Beta Member

Vip Subscription

I would like to start a subscription based program where they get a discount on our products is there a way to either when they pay it pops up they are VIP or a barcode we can put on a card they can use or a qr code so we know they have paid and that they are a VIP

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Square Community Moderator

Hey, @ReadyPopped - Welcome to our Seller Community!

What a great feature this would be! While Square does not have a way to make discounts pop up at checkout or barcodes, you can provide a link to your customers with special discounts and promotions via marketing campaigns, like online coupons. 

Hope this helps. Let us know! 🙂

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 10

We're in the same boat. 
Most of our sales are in-person at our store. We are looking for a way to sell monthly subscriptions to individuals that would include a set amount of product and then a discount on their purchases that month. A barcode based card that gets updated based on whether they've paid up is exactly what we're looking for. 
We're a small shop - we used punch cards (the loyalty program is a little out of our budget). I think we'll end up doing a work around on our "VIP subscribers", and ask customers to pick up a new card in a different color each month, and then they can just flash us their card for their discoun. It'd be nice to have their transactions in the system, too, but we really need something that functions quickly. 

Really interested in an easier solution!

Message 3 of 10

Holy cow - we figured it out! 
Still a little bit of work each month - but basically... if the customer purchases the monthly subscription, we will add them to a new Group for VIPs. You can add discounts to certain groups of people - and then just ask for their phone number & it will trigger their discount automatically. 
Still have to add or remove subscribers manually, but this makes the whole process a little easier! 

Message 4 of 10

How do you add the discounts to just your VIP group?  Through the email marketing?

Message 5 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Hey @mara

Thanks for being a member of our Community.

By using information stored in your Customer Directory, you can use Customer Groups to create discounts for buyers or your team members. Discounts for Customer Groups are automatically applied during checkout once the buyer from the group is added to the sale.

Here's an article that to give you more details about applying discounts.  

Let me know if I can assist you with anything else. 

Message 6 of 10
Partner

Just want to add something here in case anyone else is planning to do this - this does work for an unlimited discount, such as 10% off of a product or category.  But it does not work if you want to give a limited quantity discount.  Let's say for example that you want to offer 1 free product (which is a 100% off discount) as part of a VIP subscription, the standard discounting feature within Square does not allow it.  If you give 100% off using the customer linked discount then that 100% off will apply to all quantities of the item on a sale (so if you sell the customer 1 unit or 10 units of the product the total price will be $0).

I created an app called Submatic that integrates with Square, and our integration allows you to create any type of discount as part of a subscription, membership, or package.

Our software automates all of the steps involved in managing a VIP subscription.  If anyone is interested in trying it out on a free trial please sign up at https://submatic.io thank you

Message 7 of 10
Partner

Hi @ReadyPopped in case this is still a need for you please let me know.

My name is Dan I've worked in point of sale and payments for 7+ years and developed a software to help retail businesses leverage subscriptions.  It's called Submatic (https://www.submatic.io/).

We have an integration with Square that automates discounts and redemptions based on the rules that you configure.  For example you can create a VIP subscription for a product or which entitles the VIP subscriber to a discount.  Our software tracks and communicates the subscription benefits with Square so that you don't have to track anything manually.

We launched recently and we are working with a handful of merchants to refine things.  If you're interested in getting more info or checking out a trial let me know.  You can send me a direct message here on the forum, just hover your mouse over my username and then click "Send Message". Thanks

Message 8 of 10
Beta Member

I am interested i have looked you up but i haven't seen a way to integrate or pricing for the program

Thanks 

Luke

Message 9 of 10
Partner

Hi @ReadyPopped thanks for letting me know! If you create an account on submatic.io I'll activate it for you on a free trial basis.  You'll be able to connect with Square once you have that account.  If you wish to continue after that it's $49/month for 1 locations and up to 300 subscribers, and the next pricing tier is $79/month if you go beyond 300 subscribers. 

If you sign up for the trial I'll send you an email and make sure you have the necessary info to test it out properly with Square.

Message 10 of 10