x

Way for Tax Exempt Online Orders?

We are in a town where many of our orders come from the local college. Every order they place needs to be tax exempt. We would like for them to be able to utilize the online ordering site, but I do not see any place where we can offer them the option to select "Tax Exempt." This is desperately needed. Anything I can do to get this feature for our store?  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Stella! Great question. Customers can’t be marked as tax exempt, but you can mark items as tax exempt. As a workaround to what you are wanting, you could make some hidden items and provide those separately to the college. The downside is that other people could order them if they find them, though.

If this sounds like a good fit, you can mark items as hidden when editing that item on the Online Store. 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Thanks for your response! Is there a way to make a hidden "page" that is only accessible to people who have the link? The goal with them ordering online is to not have to go through us to place their order (which is what would need to happen if they were being given specific links to tax-free items), so having the ability to create a page specifically for them would work, but I don't know if that is a feature Square offers. 

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

@Stella While you cannot make a whole page hidden, you CAN make a page for your online store, but not make it public. If you make the page, but do not add it to your site navigation, then it will effectively act like a hidden page with its own URL. You can also block it from being indexed by search engines in the page’s settings and add a password to protect it if you wanted to go that far. 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4