x

Web API for Android in newest Square Register version appears broken

I just upgraded my Android device to the newest version of Square, 4.62.1 (released April 18).  I'm using the Web API for Android, and now when I try and link into the Square app, I get the following message:

"Register API must be started with startActivityForResult() in the same task. It looks like the caller either used startActivity() or used startActivityForResult() from a finished activity or with the FLAG_ACTIVITY_NEW_TASK flag."

The previous version of the Square app in Android works as designed.  Unfortunately some of our devices have version too old to use the Web API, and now I can't upgrade them at all, so we're really stuck. 

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Beta Member

While this seems to have been fixed in the 4/21 update (on a Nexus 6P at least) - now a new error is being instantly sent to the callback URL of tender_types must contain at least one known tender type. This occurs even when the tender_types is set.

Message 2 of 4

I'm getting an error code that looks like:  'com.squareup.pos.ERROR_CODE':

when the documentation says it should have the format 'com.squareup.register.ERROR_CODE'

These issues are entirely unacceptable for a production level API.  It's insane that their documentation says to "ask StackOverflow" if there are bugs. 

Message 3 of 4
Square

A fix for the Web API issue has been pushed to the Google play store. Try updating your app version and let us know if you still run into the issue. Thanks!

Message 4 of 4