x

Why can’t a client be charged automatically when their appointment falls within the business cancell

I’m sure I cannot be the only one that struggles with not having this feature available. When a client goes to cancel their appointment themselves online and they are within the cancellation policy They should be allowed to cancel. It is not fair that Square tells the client to call or email the facility because they are within the cancellation policy. If they want to cancel, they should be able to cancel and agree to accepting the cancellation fee (because it is right here).  I have online booking so that I don’t have to pay a receptionist or be bothered during the day while I am with clients. Also, having an online booking system creates a fall guy for a solo practitioner. If somebody wants to cancel and they call they will do their best to try to get out of paying the fee. Then as a small business owner and a solo practitioner, we are the bad guy.  So again, if the client agrees to the cancellation policy and put in their credit card when booking the appointment why can’t they be automatically charged if they wanna cancel the appointment and they are at fault?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

As a small business owner of a nail salon I totally understand your frustration.  You should ask Square to start working on trying to implement this into the software...would be a wonderful feature.  Now....I totally understand how clients will make you feel bad for charging them.  They come up with some great reasons and some great excuses as well.  I explain very candid to them...everywhere...social medial, timelines, website, even when they come in as new clients....That we are strict on our cancellation policy because its in place to protect everyone.  The salon and clients.  Explain that they are booking a service as well time...if you can’t get someone into that time spot (waitlist...even if you don’t have one) then you loose money.  They usually understand...the ones who don’t...guess what.......those are not your clients (its that simple).

I hope this help and keep moving forward luv...you got this 🙂

Message 2 of 2