x

payment method per item

HI HOW CAN i GET THE PAYMENT METHODS ONTO THE SALES PER ITEM REPORT.

Message 1 of 19
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Ah, I think I see what you mean. At this time, we do not offer an exportable report that includes the payment type that's associated with each specific item sold. As a workaround, would the Transactions CSV be useful for your business? While it does not display all of the specific items included with a sale, the tender type that is associated with the payment is included.

Out of curiosity, can you share more details regarding why this report would be useful for your business? I'd like to share your feedback with our Product Liaison team.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Admin

Hey @KCRA,

You can see the payment method associated with each item by heading over to your Item Sales tab > Advanced Options > Payment Method. Your screen will then refresh with a chart that shows what type of tender is associated with each item. Note: click on the dropdown menu to the left of each tender option to view item details.

Hope this helps clear this up! Please let us know if you have any further questions.

️ Tom | he/him
Message 2 of 19

HI TOM

is there no way that that info can be included in the exported detailed item sales? we export to excel in order to organise and sort the info according to location and item

Message 3 of 19
Admin

Best Answer

Ah, I think I see what you mean. At this time, we do not offer an exportable report that includes the payment type that's associated with each specific item sold. As a workaround, would the Transactions CSV be useful for your business? While it does not display all of the specific items included with a sale, the tender type that is associated with the payment is included.

Out of curiosity, can you share more details regarding why this report would be useful for your business? I'd like to share your feedback with our Product Liaison team.

️ Tom | he/him
Message 4 of 19

Hi Tom It is used to check the cash, to do a controle of cash and card transactions basically

Message 5 of 19
Admin

Got it. Thanks for taking the time to provide that information, @KCRA. I'll be sure to pass along your experience. Keep in touch for updates as we're always working to improve!

️ Tom | he/him
Message 6 of 19
Beta Member

We needed to sort Cash from Credit Card transactions. I go to Sales and then to Transactions at the top of the screen, select your time frame and Export the item detail csv report. In the Payment ID column if the transaction ends with 'S' it is a cash transaction, If it ends in MF it's a credit card. We needed to determine our cash from credit sales and this was the only way I could see to do it.

I could probably write a statement to select these transactions in Excel. Right now I insert two columns and I mark the credit card transactions visually with a '1' in the first new column. We add a % transaction fee to our credit card transaction back to our vendors. I wrote a statement to look for the transactions marked with a one. If found, we take the net sale price and multiply by the per transaction fee.

Message 7 of 19

I ran report as you suggested but my Payment IDs do not end in either of those listed.  Mine end in uaB or vaB.  We need the clarification on what items were purchased by what payment method for state reporting.  Hope they make this possible in a future upgrade.  It would be so much more useful if they would add a Payment Method to the item sales report to export.  PLEASE PLEASE work on this.   thank you!!!!

Message 8 of 19

I would also really  like to see the payment method included on this report. At this time I have to export 2 different reports and try to cross referrence to get the info I need...whereas all I would need would be a payment method column on the item sales export to make things SO MUCH more simplified. Please, please add this information to this report!! Thank you!!

Message 9 of 19
Admin

We hear you @ilsmonline and I'll share your interest to our Product Team. 🙌

Feel free to let us know what else you'd like to see or post more questions! Happy to help. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 10 of 19

Ok, so no news (Date?) yet on including the payment type in a colom as part of the Item sales report?

Message 11 of 19

I would also really like to see a report that lists item sales by payment method. After a big event I need to reconcile multipul cash boxes and sometimes the volunteers we have running the till get overwhelmed and dont run cash sales through the square so there are discrepencies. An item sales by payment method would help me speed up the process.

Message 12 of 19

What I really need is amount of credit card fees charged per item. If the type of payment includes the fees, that would work. I need this because we use SquareUp for our annual gift shop which includes a number of vendors. We have one check out for all vendors. We list our vendors as "items." We pay each vendor the amount we collected and sales tax they pay if the are not exempt. I don't have a way to charge each vendor for the credit card fees attributed to their sales! Since this is a charity event, they contribute 20% of gross sales to us to pay the charities so now the credit card fees are taken out of what we pay to the charities.

Message 13 of 19
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for adding your voice here, @Elove

As of now, the ability to access specific processing fees by item is considered a feature request. I am happy to pass your feedback along to our Product Teams! If there is any update to this features availability, I will make note to update you here.

Thanks, again!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 14 of 19
Beta Member

We do this type of processing for every transaction every day. When I get home tonight I’ll send a detailed email using excel and the payment column key that designates a credit card transaction from a cash transaction. We found it just from observation. I run a quick function to see if the key is there, if so then another quick function to add 3% transaction fee based on the sales price, for credit card transactions only.

Message 15 of 19

Any progress to report on this feature request? I'm trying to do this same thing and having the payment type per item included on the report would be ever so helpful.

Message 16 of 19
Square Community Moderator

@Scott11 Unfortunately this feature is not released and we don't have a timeline for it yet. I really do see how this could be useful and I will continue to send feedback to our development team!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 17 of 19

I need this too.

Message 18 of 19

We have several issues with payment method.  Currently, because there seems to be no way to put a transaction on account (to be paid at a later date - cannot use Save Ticket option for this), we put the transaction in the check option with info about the purchase, to be reconciled later.  However, checks show up in the Other category, not broken out.  Why is this?  We need checks to be broken out of the 'Other' category in the reports by Payment Method.  This seems an extremely easy change (I worked in computer programming for many years).  We just started using Square and the issues are really starting to pile up.  I have about 13 so far...

Message 19 of 19