x

Anyone know how to delete an application from the developer portal?

Before realizing that you get sandbox credentials after creating an application, I had created an app for a testing sandbox. I created one for the live processing, but I can't figure out how to delete the application for the sandbox. Is deleting an application from the developer portal not possible?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Alumni

Correct, you can not delete one of your developer applications, but there is no problem in having multiple applications. Hope that helps! 

Message 2 of 7

The problem is that we're having a hard time getting the plugin for WooCommerce working, and I was wondering if having two applications was part of the problem.

In the plugin there's no place to put in app ID or token ID, so it leaves some unanswered questions : 1) how to know if we're using the right application in the integration, and 2) how to use the sandbox credentials in the integration for testing. 

Message 3 of 7
Alumni

Could you share the instructions you have from WooCommerce? 

In general, as long as you are using the same information from only one app, you should be good to go. 

Message 4 of 7

Here is the documentation for the Square plugin for Woocommerce. 

https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/woocommerce-square/

I also have a ticket open with the Woocommerce folks because I was trying to find out how to enter the sandbox credentials for my Square application. Their plugin doesn't have any fields whatsoever for application ID or token ID, so I have no idea how this is even supposed to work. I am currently getting errors when testing the integration, and trying work through that as well. The latest response from the Woocommerce folks is that it is not possible to test in sandbox mode with the official Square plugin. (Seriously?)

Square for Woocommerce is really starting to feel like it is still a beta product. 

Message 5 of 7
Alumni

Looking at those instructions:

WooCommerce Square does not currently have a sandbox mode for testing purposes.

So that might explain why you can't put your sandbox credentials anywhere. 

WooCommerce uses OAuth to gain access to your account, so there isn't a need for you to create an app, or use any of your credentials (like application id, etc.). Did you read to do that somewhere else? 

Message 6 of 7

Yeah, I obviously missed that. I guess they just expect you to do all your testing in live mode and then just void out the charges. 

Solution to this problem = Stripe for online ecommerce & Square only for POS.

Message 7 of 7