x

How can I send an invoice using one of your APIs?

I tried to find a function to send a simple invoice to customer but didn't find one. Can somebody guide me that which API I have to use and which function name is specifically to create and send an invoice ? thanks

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

You cannot send an invoice via API at this time. Sorry!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Alumni

Best Answer

You cannot send an invoice via API at this time. Sorry!

Message 2 of 8

@tristansokol are there plans to make an invoice API in the future? Stripe already has an Invoice API which I plan on switching to since that's the only payment functionality I need...

Message 3 of 8
Alumni

Hey @ryancmp - Have you had a chance to check out our standalone Square Invoices app? It sounds like that may work for you if you only use invoices as a payment method.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 4 of 8

Hi @puka, I am aware of the Invoices app, however, I am looking to programatically send invoices from my website.

Message 5 of 8
Alumni

Makes sense! I don't have an ETA on if or when an Invoices API will be available, but our Invoices team will continue to track the feedback here. We'll post any updates as we hear of them.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 6 of 8

Is there an API for invoices? Would it be possible to pull shipping fulfillment information from an invoice via API? 

Message 7 of 8
Admin

Hey @donutshoppe-

Take a look at the best answer in this post. 

As of right now, there's not API available for Invoices. Hopefully this is something that will be available in the future. Thanks for resurfacing this question. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 8 of 8