x

Can we use square for accepting payments in my iOS and Android application?

Hello There,

I would like to implement payment flow inside my iOS and Android application. So can you provide me an better answer how exactly it works. Means suppose I have my cart ready and now I want to initiate the flow with the final cart amount so do we have to install Square POS app inside our phone to complete the payment from our app?

As I have read we have to pass an amount from our application to Square POS app and after that it will handle the payment and gives the callback. That's way it works ? So I am thinking we are dependent on their app to complete the payment. 

Please provide me an proper answer.

Thanks,

Bhadresh

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Square

Hi @iBhadresh, if you haven't already, you can check out our Register API Overview, which details how you can incorporate Square payments in your app. Start there and let us know if you have any additional questions, thanks!

Message 2 of 9

Hi @Spenser, Thanks for reply.

As I have checked the register api but it sound us that it will be use for POS type payment. Actually we want to accept in app payments like PayPal is doing. 

Please let me know we can do it for in app payments or not.

Thanks,

Bhadresh

Message 3 of 9
Square

Ah, I think I see what you mean, @iBhadresh. We don't have a payment portal similar to Paypal's. Aside from the Register api for in-person payments, the other option would be the Square Checkout solution for web based payments. Thanks again for your interest!

Message 4 of 9

@Spenser Thank you for your reply.

Message 5 of 9

Hi @Spenser,

Hope you are doing good!!

I would like to know that, Can we integrate Square up checkout flow inside the mobile app? If possible then how? 

I am referring this link : https://docs.connect.squareup.com/articles/square-checkout-getstarted

Can you provide detail how we can handle callback url and payment flow using web in our android and iOS application. 

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks,

Bhadresh

Message 6 of 9

Hello @iBhadresh!

@Spenser has taken a new roll at Square. 

This is kind of a tricky, because the check out flow isn't really geared for the mobile App. You can give it a try, but it might be kind of clunky. 

Please let me know how it goes if you decide to give it a whirl! 

Message 7 of 9

Hi @Chad,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you provide us an success and failure url of payment so that we can compare it in our application code so that we can dismiss our mobile browser using code when we get success url after payment done.?

Can you guys helps us if we stuck at any point while integrate checkout flow in mobile app?

Does your payment redirect url is mobile responsive?

Thanks in advance.

Message 8 of 9

Hi @Chad,

Can you answer my previous reply?

Thanks,

Bhadresh

Message 9 of 9