x

Create a Customer Card in Sandbox

I'm trying to:

1. Create Customer

2. Create Customer Card

3. Make Transaction

This code works live but fails in sandbox. Is it possible to store cards in sandbox mode?

my code:

// NOTE: $access_token is my sandbox token
// create customer $customer = $customer_api->createCustomer($access_token, $cust_obj)->getCustomer(); // store card $body = array( 'card_nonce' => $nonce, 'cardholder_name' => $cust_obj['given_name'].' '.$cust_obj['family_name'] ); $customerCard = $customerCard_api->createCustomerCard($access_token, $customer->getId(), $body)->getCard(); // make the transaction with the stored card $request_body = array( 'customer_id' => $customer->getId(), 'customer_card_id' => $customerCard->getId(), 'amount_money' => array( 'amount' => (int)$_POST['amount'], 'currency' => 'USD' ), # Every payment you process with the SDK must have a unique idempotency key. # If you're unsure whether a particular payment succeeded, you can reattempt # it with the same idempotency key without worrying about double charging # the buyer. 'idempotency_key' => uniqid() ); $result = $transaction_api->charge($access_token, $location_id, $request_body);

my error:

Caught exception!
Response body:
object(stdClass)#46 (1) {
  ["errors"]=>
  array(1) {
    [0]=>
    object(stdClass)#43 (4) {
      ["category"]=>
      string(21) "INVALID_REQUEST_ERROR"
      ["code"]=>
      string(9) "NOT_FOUND"
      ["detail"]=>
      string(19) "Resource not found."
      ["field"]=>
      string(10) "card_nonce"
    }
  }
}

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Investigating this issue a little more, it looks like this error comes up for a few different reasons. Are you sure you aren't mixing up your sandbox credentials? 

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Alumni

The error you are getting is related to not supplying the card nonce. Are you sure you setting `$nonce` correctly? 

Message 2 of 6

Yes, it's coming from the square form on previous page:

<input type="hidden" id="card-nonce" name="nonce" value="">

--- next page

$nonce = $_POST['nonce'];

-- I echo out the $nonce on the page that throws the error:

Nonce: CBASEKrzEbnfCZ1mo1eqTeLTqPw

This works in live mode, fails in sandbox. I'm sure I'm missing something but I can't find it

Message 3 of 6

It creates the customer ok, but fails when trying to create the card. After I create the customer I populate the $body array with the $nonce. I var_dump() the $body array and I see the $nonce is there, however it fails on creating card:

// create customer
    $customer = $customer_api->createCustomer($access_token, $cust_obj)->getCustomer();

// store card
    $body = array(
        'card_nonce' => $nonce,
        'cardholder_name' => $cust_obj['given_name'].' '.$cust_obj['family_name']
    );  
    echo '<pre>';
    var_dump($body);
    echo '</pre>';
    $customerCard = $customerCard_api->createCustomerCard($access_token, $customer->getId(), $body)->getCard();

var_dump($body);

Nonce: CBASEFIptxpy2UEOLf3RgsX3o6k
array(2) {
  ["card_nonce"]=>
  string(27) "CBASEFIptxpy2UEOLf3RgsX3o6k"
  ["cardholder_name"]=>
  string(11) "Tommy Smith"
}
Caught exception!
Message 4 of 6
Alumni

Best Answer

Investigating this issue a little more, it looks like this error comes up for a few different reasons. Are you sure you aren't mixing up your sandbox credentials? 

Message 5 of 6

Ah, I just found the culprit. It was in the .js I hadn't checked. Thanks

Message 6 of 6