x
Beta Member

Affiliate Support?

Is there a way to add affiliate support to the Square Online Store? I want to be able to have customers refer their friends and get a commission. That would greatly help business 🙏

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Beta Member

I agree, our greatest asset in our patrons/affiliates, is their potential to influence and create a passive dialogue, and essentially free advertisement to potential new business. Affiliate incentives will have clients and customers coming for miles. Receiving great service and products, and also a possible return on your patronage and loyalty to that business, is GOALS. I follow and support this thread 100%. @everyflame 

Message 2 of 8

Yes..we would like affiliate program as well. Its disappointing as these programs are available in other platforms and not offered by square online store.

Message 3 of 8
Beta Member

I am looking to include an affiliate program through my Weebly website. Weebly has a Referral App that is available for Weebly website users, but for some strange reason Square Up does not allow that feature, but provides Weebly websites. Why is that? 

Message 4 of 8
Square Community Moderator

HI! Thanks for reaching out. I've merged your post to an existing thread that may help answer your question. Thank you!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 8
Beta Member

It's very disappointing that Weebly apps are not on the square online platform. 

Weebly has a referral app and I reached out to app support. 

This was the response from "Referrals app" on weebly

"Square has not approved our Weebly app for Square.  Please let Square know that you want this to happen but it is in the hands of Square. If you have a Weebly website you can install the app"  

We are planning to switch to bigcommerce a much better product than squareonline.

Message 6 of 8

I too have been trying to get an affiliate program up and running and have run into road block after road block with square.up. 

I am so frustrated - as soon as I have some time I am going to quit Square completely and move to another POS and website.

Message 7 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hi @mindykittay 👋 Welcome to the Seller Community! I'm sorry to hear you are having some trouble trying to sort this out. 

I responded to your other post, but after reading this thread, I'm not sure if my suggestion applies to what you are looking for. 🤔 This is what I posted:

Just to confirm, you both want to be able to sell your item on a third party website? If so, I would recommend using Square Online Checkout Links

You would be able to provide a URL link that they can then use on their website by either hyperlinking to text, or you can create an embeddable button with an html code snippet.

You can also easily track the amount of sales generated from each Square Online Checkout link which would allow you to track how links are performing. 

Again, I'm not quite sure if this is what you are looking for. If not, can you please clarify a bit, or provide an example scenario of how your affiliate program should work?

Thanks in advance! 

Message 8 of 8