x

Bug - payment.created and payment.updated webhooks don't get called when recording a payment

Hey there,

When I'm recording an invoice payment in the dashboard from an external source, i.e. cash, check or other, the payment related webhooks are not being called.

Thanks,

Ronen Babayoff
Founder
Eazyapps - Airtable & monday.com apps & development experts
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hi @rbabayoff. Thanks for your question!

You're going to want to subscribe to invoices webhooks if you want payment events for invoices. 🙂

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 4

Hey Nika, I'm already subscribed to those, and whenever a payment is made from the invoice payment page, all webhooks (invoice.payment_made, payment.created, payment.updated) are called just fine.

Repeating again my problem -  when I'm adding / recording an invoice payment in the dashboard, the payment related webhooks are not being called, I only get the invoice.payment_made webhook, but not the payment.created webhook, which for me, is a bug.

What I ended up doing is looking up the invoice order_id whenever I get an invoice.payment_made event and then retrieving the order and looking at all the order tenders to get details about the new made payment.

That is cumbersome, and not DX friendly.

I hope this clarified things for you.

Thanks,

Ronen Babayoff
Founder
Eazyapps - Airtable & monday.com apps & development experts
Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey @rbabayoff

Stepping in for Nika. 

Thank you for clarifying the issue you're seeing with payments and invoices. It does sound like it might be a bug. 

I'd like you to reach out to our CS Team directly on this one. They will be able to create a ticket for our engineers to take a deeper look. 

Appreciate you taking the time to reach out about it and bring it to our attention. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4