x
Beta Member

Can't Redeem Loyalty Points Online

We have had a very difficult time getting the Square Loyalty Points to be able to redeem online.  I have put together a Youtube video hear showing the problem: CANNOT REDEEM POINTS ONLINE

In order to redeem points, you are supposed to finish the order and proceed to checkout.  Once you get to the checkout and proceed with payment, it's supposed to allow you to redeem points.  We cannot get the feature to work.

Message 1 of 12
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @indianathomas 

So Square loyalty does work with Square online, but the issue is categories. 

Square Categories don’t sync over to Square Online, and therefore loyalty programs based on categories don’t work either. At least for right now. 

My program was also category based, so I had to go in and instead add each item in my Square Loyalty rather than the categories. 

It was a little tedious, but it worked, and my customers are happy. 

Hopefully square will fix this soon to make categories work, but in the meantime, it’s a decently simple enough fix. 

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @indianathomas 

So Square loyalty does work with Square online, but the issue is categories. 

Square Categories don’t sync over to Square Online, and therefore loyalty programs based on categories don’t work either. At least for right now. 

My program was also category based, so I had to go in and instead add each item in my Square Loyalty rather than the categories. 

It was a little tedious, but it worked, and my customers are happy. 

Hopefully square will fix this soon to make categories work, but in the meantime, it’s a decently simple enough fix. 

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 2 of 12
Beta Member

@pessosices could you explain that a little more. I’d LOVE my customers to be able to use their in store loyalty points when the order online

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 12
Super Seller Alumni

Hey @mulekickmag 

@So square loyalty works with the square online system as long as your qualifications for earning or redeeming points are not based on categories. 

You can set them up based on individual items, or $ amount spent, or per visit, or anything else - as long as they’re not limited by categories. 

This is because the way that items sync over from regular square to square online, categories are not integrated. So loyalty programs based on category qualifications don’t work with square online. 

Hope this makes sense!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 4 of 12
Beta Member

@pessosices @Not exactly. I promise I’m trying to understand!! So I need to change the way points are redeemed? From anything having to do with categories? If based on individual items will it work?

Message 5 of 12
Super Seller Alumni

@mulekickmag Thats right!

I used to have my program categories based, and had to change it to item based, and now it works!

You probably want to change both the way points are earned and the way points are redeemed. 

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 6 of 12
Beta Member

I have the same issue.  Our customers earn loyalty Point by each visit, not by category.  And we offer $10 off for 10 loyalty points.  Customers are able to choose this reward during checkout out but it will result in payment declined.  And as soon as customers remove this $10 off loyalty reward they would be able to check out successfully.  I have reported the issue to Square, hopefully they can get this resolve soon.  

Message 7 of 12
Square Community Moderator

@Ryan_H Thank you for reporting this to our support team. If they respond with a solution, please consider sharing it here so other sellers can benefit from that knowledge as well. 

Let me know if you have any other questions!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 12
Beta Member

It has been 2 weeks, there is no update so far, Is there anyway for someone inside square to follow up on that issue and get a status update for us?

Message 9 of 12
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Ryan_H

I'm sorry to hear you have not heard back. I do see that a bug was filed for you, but I don't have any updates to provide at this time. I'll keep an eye out, and will make sure someone is in contact with you once there is a resolution for the bug. 

Message 10 of 12
Beta Member

Thanks!

Message 11 of 12
Super Seller Alumni

@kellyj 

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 12 of 12