x

Can we print the gift message that a customer enters online?

Is it possible to print out the gift message that a customer enters in the gift instructions online? It seems like it should be, but I can't find a way to do it.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Alumni

Are you referring to the optional message when you check the option,  Send this voucher as a gift 

If so, those messages cannot be exported. They're solely meant for the recipient. @monomono

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 8

I'm not talking about gift cards. On the website, when chosing a physical item you can now choose to add gift wrapping with a gift message. There doesn't seem to be any way for the retailer to print this message out, even though it states the message will be printed out and included with the order.

Message 3 of 8
Alumni

Ah gotcha! Those messages are shown on the order details page of the Orders tab within Square Online Dashboard. 

@monomono

Justin
Message 4 of 8

Correct, but there's no way to print it so the message can be included? I enabled that feature because it seemed like I would be able to print it out. Having to hand write every message is not what I had in mind.

Message 5 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hey @monomono,

That's correct that there's not an option to print it out.

I'll be sure to let the team know your feedback on the newer feature for future improvements.

Ashley C
Message 6 of 8

Any update on this? It's kind of ridiculous our shops can allow gift messages but it doesn't automatically show up on the packing slip. Seems like a simple programming issue. Just add it to the packing slip, please!

Message 7 of 8
Square Community Moderator

I hear your frustration, @pepnarwhal. Unfortunately, we don't have an update yet, but we'll tag you in this thread once we have news. 

Message 8 of 8