x

Can you sell hemp products on square

I am starting a on line business very soon and need a card processor. My website is on Godaddy and they only allow 3 merchants. Stripe, square, and PayPal. 

I realize there is some confusion about cbd oil and hemp oil. I was going to sell cbd oil but plan on taking all products that are not derived from hemp off my website. Because hemp oil is legal everywhere and is not considered as a drug. I will also be selling Life extension vitamins and herbs. There are also some companies like Elixinol that I’m pretty sure only use hemp oil in their products. I need to know if you will process these products. Because I would be of course troubled if you shut down on my web site. Please advise as soon as possible as I want to make any changes I need to make ASAP. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

CBD/Hemp oil is currently not allowed to be sold via Square.  This could change with the 2019 Farm Bill that is soon to be signed by the President but for now, you can't.  I'm sure Square will be keeping abreast of the changes in the Federal Law and may decide to change their TOS in the future

Message 2 of 4

The Farm Bill passed so is it OK to sell Hemp CBD with Square? 

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Hi @Healthier4You2, I'm checking in with an exciting update! We recently expanded our early access program for CBD sales. Learn more here: We Launched our CBD Early Access Program! 🎉

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 4